Thu 6/28/2012 9:00 AM
¡Hola Familia!
Well, I arrived safely everybody! I only emailed mother and father because this computer is weird and I am typing on a Spanish keyboard. Crazy! So I sat by Elder Bayles (the guy you met) on the plane to Dallas and we traveled with about 8 other missionaries. The Dallas flight was long because I had a lot to think about and I had a window seat, but nothing to look at but an engine turbine. Anyway, I ate a nice BBQ meal in the airport and then the flight to Buenos Aires. I had my own row of two seats. The plane was very big 767. I tried sleeping but it was really hard to get comfortable, but they are going to let me take a nap in a second here. I think P-days are on Wednesday or Thursday. I think Wednesday and apparently every Saturday we go out in the city.
Anyway, Argentina is crazy! I can’t stop laughing at everything that goes on. They drive wherever they want to on the road and it’s just weird. I can’t help but smile. My companion is Elder Dickson and we share a room with four Spanish speakers. There are 42 missionaries here and about 20 of us are English speakers. So this will be crazy. It seems very laid back here. I can’t wait! Now that I’m finally here, it feels so good. I feel lost, but ready! So far, so good! Elder Bayles and I talked to a lot of people in travel, people just always come up to us, non-members and members and we just get to know them. It’s crazy to hear stories and I have already learned some Spanish by being forced to speak it with the people around here. Well, I have to go. I love you all! I will write you next week! Just letting you know I arrived safely. Argentina is really smoggy right now and humid! But the sunrise was beautiful. oh! And everywhere you look, there is a soccer field, no joke. Multiple soccer fields in every open field. It’s crazy! I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment