Mon 12/17/2012 1:54 PM
Oke rory pe mitã
Well Christmas is coming! Could you tell by the title of my
email? haha. That’s Guarani for "Jesus, thy Lord at birth." A little
bit different, eh? So I was so glad to speak with all you last Tuesday, minus
K-olton. But it’s okay because he made it clear to me that he gets to
talk with me most the time next week. I hope that’s alright with you, mom.
;) So... guess what? BAUTISMO! I finally had another baptism.
It was great! We confirmed her yesterday. She is so funny. She went to bear her
testimony and she didn’t really know how, so all she said was, "Brothers
and sisters, I’m grateful, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." After, she
told us she didn’t know if she was supposed to start with “Heavenly Father” or
not, like a prayer. We told her it was a great testimony :) Before her baptism,
she was asking us things about the church, like a last chance type of thing. She
was worried about whether she would be able to dance after her baptism. I guess
she really likes to dance. Kind of funny, seeing she is about 50. It was a good
baptism though. She was very happy and we should be baptizing 3 of her
relatives this weekend - her niece and two nephews. I’m excited for this as
well.
So I had to give a talk yesterday, and I barely prepared
anything - a few scriptures. I thought I was only going to talk for like 5 min
and I guess the spirit kicked in, because, before I knew it, the bishop was
tapping my leg and I had talked for 20 minutes and I didn’t even get to say all
I wanted to say. I don’t really know what happened. I talked about eternal life
and how to get there. I really hope someone got something from it.
So my foot is all healed up, about, but ,oh my, I saw the
most nasty pique this girl had the other day. Her whole foot was black. It made
me grateful that I didn’t have that much. I felt so bad for her though. But
this week was a bit crazy. Now we have two areas for a bit. But not only do we
have two areas, but two houses. So one house is for us and the empty house we
just keep to party in and what not. Just kidding! We went to the other
house and had to break in though to get some things we needed. We don’t have
the key. So this was first and only time I will have broken into a house…..on
my mission :) haha. Speaking of houses, our grapes are so yummy, but every
morning little kids clap our house because they want some of our grapes. They
do it so much so I started telling them they need to bring me an alfajor. But
so far they haven’t brought any. Darn. The work is
going well! My companion is a little trunky or something right now. I don’t
know. But he talked to president today and all should be well. So I hope we can
get working harder now. I am glad to hear the funeral went well and that
everyone is all doing great. It seems like the family is all happy. Gee, I
can’t believe it’s Christmas time - so weird to me! But it’s such a great time
of the year and I’m grateful to be serving a mission during this time of year
in this place. It’s great. Christmas will be different, but, hey, that’s okay
with me :) I just want to give so many gifts; I’m sorry I can’t give you all gifts
at this moment. Well, I don’t really have anything else to say. Oh yeah! Thursday,
it rained. We walked around alllllll day! And had not 1, not two, but zero
lessons. We didn’t even get in a house all day. But they say for every hour you
work in the rain, your future wife spends in the gym :) :) It’s a good
motivation, and me, being a baseball player, I’m superstitious. haha. Well,
family, life is good. The mission is flying by, I can’t believe it. This member
is teaching me how to make homemade Paraguayan tortillas tonight. I’m so
excited, because they are so good! I can’t wait to make them for you all. I love
you all! Thank you for your support always and for writing me!
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment