Mon 1/21/2013 11:44 AM
Today is January 21
What up family? So this week ended really well! Finally,
after a few weeks of just same old same old, our work got flipped around and we
have progressing investigators again! This lady showed up to church yesterday
with her daughter. I went up to talk to
her and it turns out she only speaks Guarani, so during sacrament I was
thinking about things I could say to her. After, I went up and talked to her
and she lives in our area and really wants to get baptized. She was always
embarrassed to come to church because she can’t read or can’t speak Spanish,
really, but she came and loved it. We visited her last night and put her with
the date of the 2nd of February. She is awesome! We have to take members to
teach her, but I love it because it gives me a chance to practice my Guarani a
lot better. We also had another investigator come to church, yesterday, that is
getting baptized the 9th. So I’m really excited for these next
coming weeks.
So this week was cool. Remember my buddy, Elder Escobar, from the MTC. He is probably my most favorite Latino on the mission and this week we did a division together and he came to my area. We were on fire! We taught so well together and I really felt the spirit and really gained confidence in my teaching while teaching with him. We get along very well. Elder Escobar is a really cool kid. Two of his brothers died before the mission and his mom died while he was here. He’s a really strong hearted kid and very humble. He has family in Utah, so you will all for sure meet the good ol’ happy Elder Escobar.
My companion and I, at the end of this week, really seemed to teach a lot better together. I was really glad. It was funny, we were teaching a family and asked if they read in the BOM and they said yeah... My companion was like..”Really? Because I put money in the book.” The lady was like, “Really.” and hurried and grabbed her BOM. My companion was just joking, but we found out they hadn’t read and now they are reading. It was funny. I think they really want to read now in case they find money. Who knows, but as long as they are reading, right? We also found this lady from Argentina and she has a thick accent. It was funny. But we contacted her and she didn’t want to listen, but I was pretty persistent. She told us she doesn’t want anything to do with religion, but I kept talking to her and finally she invited us to sit. As we talked with her, she changed completely and opened up! She feels very lonely and was so glad we came. She told us she doesn’t usually talk to people like us or even anyone outside of her family. But she said something was different with us. She is really cool now and loves our visits and wants to come to church. It’s interesting how people can change, huh? The spirit works great works. At first she was mean and grumpy, and now she is so happy when we come and loves hearing about the gospel.
I tried interesting food this week. I had milk, and in the milk they had put warm squash. It was actually pretty good. I liked it. Well, I think that’s all I have to say this week. The work is picking up again and I’m excited to baptize. Oh! Our convert, Ronni, passed the sacrament for the first time yesterday! He was really excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment