Mon 2/17/2014 12:34 PM
Ghetto Booty
I met an air-bender today, but she
wasn’t a master yet. J
We went to a Buddhist temple today and
all the people were dressed like air-benders - bald and had these robes. But it
was a pretty cool place, I guess. After we went there, we were all in the mood
to eat Asian food, so we went to this expensive Chinese buffet. It was wicked
good.
So saying goodbye to my last area
wasn’t super hard because I was only there 3 months. I will miss members, but I
was excited to leave, to be honest. So my new area, Trinidad, is right in Asuncion
and the area is sick. It’s by the river as well. But ah man, Horqueta was out in the Chaco and it was
really weird coming back to the city. I felt super rushed. People walking fast
everywhere and busy roads, it was weird to me at first, and then seeing nicer
buildings. It was just weird. I think the people are fatter here. Anyway, this
area is way ghetto. Asuncion is so nice and then you go to Trinidad and it’s
just straight ghetto. It’s probably the most ghetto place I have ever been. There’s
just trash everywhere and sketchy people. It’s great. It has this smell
throughout the whole area - bad smell. It’s crazy. It’s just sooo ghetto – it’s
great. Like the police drive down the street and everyone runs and hides. It’s
funny. But it is such an awesome place missionary work wise. We already have a
ton of sick investigators and all the members want to work with us! Everyday,
we have someone to go out and work with. This area is sweet. The house isn’t
too bad either. On the wall of our house are a bunch of scorpions are taped on
the wall. Scorpions missionaries have found in the house. So I guess it’s the
house collection. I really like the area though. It reminds me a lot of Zeballos
Cue. It’s funny because when I meet the members they are like, “You are going
home soon aren’t you?” and I say.. yeah or maybe ”How did you know?” Then they
say, “Because you walk around with a smile on your face and you are so happy. So
you must be going home soon since you are soo happy.” It was funny to me. But
the members are great and we actually have lunch appointments! Yesterday, this
member made us the best lunch ever! She treats us like her own children. She
calls me son. Yesterday, she broke down and told me her whole life story and
problems. After she was like, “My son, you just have these face and eyes that
make me feel like I can tell you all of my secrets.” But the family is great. All
the families I have met, so far, are awesome. So I’m really happy right now to
be here. We had 94 people in church. I was so overwhelmed. There were 20 less
active people from our side of the area. It was sick. In the other part of Trinidad
is our ZL, Elder Jenson. Brad and I had a class with him at BYU and he is way
sweet. I’m glad we are finally close by each other, so we can hang out more. He
brought his slack-line from home, so every morning, for exercises, we have been
slack-lining. It’s fun. I’m getting better at it. I will have to send
pictures.
I can’t remember what else I had to
tell you all. But I think I will have some success in this area. It’s a good
area. I love how ghetto it is too. It’s nice to be in Asuncion too. It was
weird at first, but I like it.
Love,
Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment