Wednesday, August 29, 2012

28 August 2012

Tue 8/28/2012 11:25 AM

Paraguay
Well, hello everyone! I am in Paraguay emailing you right now! ahh! I already love it so much! Alright, so let me tell you what has happened since I talked to you last night. We arrived in Paraguay around 3 am and our mission president was right there waiting for us with his wife. We all threw our luggage on some truck and got in these vans with other missionaries. Apparently there are no traffic laws here either. Haha wooo. We came to the mission office and put our luggage here and then grabbed some essentials for the night. Then we all kind of split up, so Elder Osborne and I, along with about 7 others, went to this home where we stayed the night. We got about 4 to 5 hours of sleep - so not too bad. I’m too excited right now to be tired anyway.  It’s a little bit colder in Paraguay right now, but I think it feels fine. I can tell I’m going to like Paraguay, it’s cool. Yes, it will be very different living here and it’s really poor, but I have enjoyed it so far!  Today I have an interview with President (he is so cool) and then I don’t know what else we are doing. I think we mostly hang at the mission home today and then we are going to go to the temple. I don’t know if we are going inside today or not, but I know for sure we are going to visit it.  Then we sleep in that home again and tomorrow I get my companion and go to my area! Pretty exciting stuff. We have been talking to all the missionaries here and the mission here sounds so awesome. They said that through their whole mission they have only been rejected a lesson a few times, so the people here are very accepting and love to talk! I am very excited already! I have to go now! So I will email you Monday, I think! Love you all!

Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment