Tuesday, September 18, 2012

17 September 2012


Mon 9/17/2012 2:56 PM

Hi, Hello, Hey

Whaddup family?!

It is warming up in Paraguay! It has been over 100 these past few days! It’s crazy! Hopefully we can get our air conditioning in our house fixed tomorrow!

So this week... I decided that Argentina really helped my Spanish because when I got here, I didn’t think people talked that fast. I’m used to listening to Spanish and I feel like I can understand  it really well. I haven’t really had a hard time with my Spanish; it’s the Guarani I can’t understand. I also decided that the bus rides are like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland, except sometimes we are standing up. They get pretty crazy. Also, I tried this famous bread here called cheepa! So good! It has cheese in the middle.. mmm..

It’s funny, because some members ask us what English words mean from like a song they have heard. The other day I got asked what "easy pimpin’" means. I told him “lots of woman.”  Also, this member told me the other day that I have lost weight! I don’t know if I really have, maybe in my face or something ? At least I’m not gaining.

We taught someone, the other day, that has a baby ostrich or emu as a pet. It was cool! 

So a story: Thursday night, as I was taking a shower, I figured out that there is a lizard in our house. I guess he has been living there for a while. He just chills on the walls and ceiling - no harm done. Then, the next day, I’m sitting at my  desk and guess what happens? A freaken mouse runs out from under me.  I was like, “Oh heck, no.”  I’m now a victim in my own home, but I’m fine now, as long as I don’t see it or hear it. I think I will be okay... gosh, I hate mice in the house.  

Paraguay is so crazy, like the grandmas are out chopping trees with machetes. If the power doesn’t work, I have seen people get big sticks and whack the power lines until it turns on. I found hair in my food the other day... yuck.

On Saturday morning, Elder Wheatley and I had an opportunity to do service. Guess what we did? We cut a ladies grass……with machete´s! It was different, but fun! I felt like I was wielding a sword like in Lord of the Rings or Link on Super Smash Bros. It was awesome.  

Sunday was Stake Conference and it was actually a broadcast from Salt Lake. We got to choose to listen to it in Spanish or English. I chose Spanish. Neil L. Anderson spoke in Spanish; it was cool. Then I listened to President Monson in the end in English. It was really cool! Yesterday,  Elder Wheatley and I made peach cobbler! So good! I’m going to be a pro cook when I get home!  

Today we went into Asuncion and went to the zoo for this Elder’s birthday.  We stopped by the best empanada place ever! Ahh. I love the empanada here! Soooo good. We also stopped by the best ice cream place and can I just tell you how much I have missed a good ice cream. I was in heaven and now I’m just craving ice cream.  The zoo was sweet. It was closed, but we got special missionary permission to go inside. It wasn’t the Hogle Zoo, but there was some cool animals. It almost seemed that there was more monkeys out of the cages than in them.  I took some cool discovery channel pictures that I will send.  So that’s mostly what we did today.

The missionary work is going great. Juliana quit drinking, as far as we know, and her baptismal date is for the Sunday of Conference. Our other investigator is very excited for baptism and just needs to get his work schedule changed off Sundays; he should be doing that this week.  Our area is a tough one, but we are really working hard and it’s going well.   I think it will really pick up soon here too.  

So I am just sending some pictures from today. I think I got some good photos of some animals.  The animals were so much more fun to watch here. Sorry this email was really scatter brained today! I love you all! It’s too bad that BYU lost. Gosh, looks like I will have to try out when I get back so they can win. 

Love,

Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment