Monday, November 26, 2012

26 November 2012


Well hello family!

 

So, I got a new companion and I’m sure you are all wondering what he is like and what not. Well, I decided not to tell you because it doesn’t really matter. Nah, I’m kidding. Let me tell you about my companion... haha. I haven’t quite figured him out. But I am figuring out that God must want me to gain patience or be humble or something of the like. So my companion is Elder Garcia. He is from Peru.  And well, it’s a lot different having a Peruvian companion.  Latinos just live a lot different. I’m staying positive though, but yeah. It’s weird. He is a hard worker, when we are out working, but then he takes naps and doesn’t really study. I kind of feel like the senior companion because I have to lead the way and these past two days I have just studied by myself for 2 hours in the mornings and he joins in for planning. It’s weird. He eats all my food. Last night I went in the kitchen and he was eating my stuff and I was like, “... uh. Are you eating my stuff?” And he is like, “Yeah! Don’t worry, you can buy more tomorrow.” Gee, it’s a bit difficult, but I will survive! The work is good though. It’s nice to have someone that speaks Spanish really well and understands. My Spanish has definitely already gotten better.

 

Okay, enough of the negative. I hate negative. So lately, I have been learning a lot of Guarani! It’s super fun! I am learning it pretty well too! Oh, something funny about my companion is that he has a big mole on his forehead and he looks Hindu. Sometimes it’s scary because I feel like I’m hanging with a terrorist. All the members comment on his mole. It’s funny.

 

So my foot is better, I think. It doesn’t hurt anymore.  I think my stomach is better too. I was sick last Wednesday, but I think I got it all out of my system because I’m fine now. This email is so disorganized. Sunday, we got a new bishopric, finally, which will be sweet. One of the counselors we just barely reactivated too. He is awesome. We had Juliana’s daughter in church, which was also cool. Oh yeah! Yesterday we received a reference of this lady that had been attending church in the wrong ward for two weeks. So we met with her and we are baptizing her in two or three weeks! So awesome!

 

I forgot to say last week, I’m super sad that the Hostess plant is down.. gosh... and Dad, I went and ate at Don Vitos! It was really good! It was kind of pricy though. Oh well!

 

So today I get on the colectivo and I see a black guy sitting in the back. I couldn’t believe my eyes, so I sat by him. After a few seconds, I was like, “Are you American?” And he goes, “Of course.” So I was talking to him. He is a basketball player - played for Arkansas and has played all over the world and ended up in Paraguay. He has lived here for 29 years. He said he likes the cheap living and what not. It was sweet talking to him!

 

Oh, so we brought an inactive lady to church yesterday. I kid you not, she looked exactly like Gollum in The Lord of the Rings. It was a bit scary. I was guarding my ring. She only spoke Guarani, which added to the affect.

 

Well I don’t have much to say this week, I guess. If my English seems not very good, it’s because I never speak it. So don’t judge. But all is well with me! I’m just getting used to having a Latino companion. He is a really cool guy, though. It’s just different. Oh, Thanksgiving. Wait, what, Thanksgiving was this week? Ha. Just kidding. It was just a regular day. I was the only one around that really knew what it is. My companion didn’t know what Thanksgiving was. Oh well. No biggie. I attached pictures of this cool tree that had vines and I was swinging on them. Then I was climbing up the middle of the tree. The other pictures are pictures with this Von Chee tie I got handmade. I’m sending it around to all my friends and we are all gonna take pictures with it and it will be sweet!

 
Love, Elder Rigby


No comments:

Post a Comment