Wednesday, November 7, 2012

05 November 2012


Mon 11/5/2012 12:47 PM

Kurupi

Well, hello there everybody. So this week went by super fast, but it was a good one! We found a lot of good investigators! We found this awesome guy named Marcelo. He is way prepared. He just got in a moto accident and has been thinking how he needs more in life, but he has no one to talk about it with. Then we showed up. He is 25 and his girlfriend is a less active member. I guess she always asks him to take her to church. He is great. So we will see what comes of it. Juliana is back on track! All happy again and talked to the bishop. All repented.  Our 11 year old, man, he is so legit. He loves coming to church and loves when we come visit and what not. He is awesome. We always see him riding his bike everywhere and he is funny. He follows us on his bike until we notice him, then he walks with us. Great kid! 

So I started learning piano. I can read the music now and play the right hand. Just kind of slow, but it’s a start, right?? Hopefully I can play the hymns well by the time I get back. 

This week I went on a division with our zone leader Elder Colligan. He is way legit and I learned so much from him! He goes home in 2 weeks. Crazy huh? So we talked about home a lot. But he is awesome. Great guy. 

So something crazy. The APs have been calling all the areas and asking about our areas because there are going to be a lot more missionaries coming in, especially sisters, I guess. So they are finding areas they can split and places that would be safe for the sisters. Our area wouldn’t be safe enough for them, but crazy how all these missionaries are coming in now! The new age limit is sky rocketing the number of missionaries. 

I discovered a new juice that I love. Elder Colligan introduced me. It’s the brand “Watts.” My favorite is the pear. Mmmm. So good! It has real nectar! Yummy. Just thought I would tell you. 

So I was going to get mad at you all for not updating me on the world series, but then dad told me this week. Darn giants. Geez, maybe my Cubs will make it next year. My fingers are getting a work out on this keyboard. The keys are so hard to push. 

So Halloween… nothing to special. No trick or treaters. But I did see a jack-o-lantern. Someone carved a watermelon. This week, Elder Wheatley and I figured out that changes are the 21st. We thought they were the 28th. So we may only have two weeks together. We are pretty positive we will be split up. Shucks. I learned a lot of Guarani this week as well. Wahoo :) 

So today was a fun day! We went to the city Capiata. Our old district leader, Elder Packer, lives there. It was a fun adventure. His companion, Elder Jenson, I actually had a few classes with him at BYU and remembered him. We have all these same friends in common, like Marcus Smith and some Timpview people. Small world, eh? But anyway, in Capiata we went to go to this myth/legend museum. But first, we went to this mall to eat. Oh my gosh. It was a wealthy mall. Nike and Adidas Outlets, and McDonalds. I felt like I was in the states! It was crazy! But after that, we went to this museum with all these legends that Paraguayans actually believe. My favorite is Kurupi. Maybe you can Google and see why. Haha. I have a book too that we can read in 24 months. 

Well, not much excitement this week! Oh, my feet are all better, I think. I think I got all the pique out. It has healed really fast though, which is good! No worries. You all worry too much :)  I’m fine :) Life is great.

I challenge you all to find something in your life you want to improve and really focus and work on it - like serving others. If you can perfect one little attribute, others will come along with it. I love you all so much! 

 

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment