Friday, June 28, 2013

24 June 2013


Mon 6/24/2013 1:56 PM

Heyllo

Gee, it sure is getting cold here! I have actually had to wear my sweater this week. It has just been super rainy and cold lately. But the week was good. So I did a division with our district leader, Elder Vidal, and we did the baptism interview for Janet. So we were all good to go for Saturday.  

So let’s see, this week... I witnessed someone slip on a banana peel. It was hilarious. I found out that my companion’s last day in the MTC, he heard about how my last companion left me during the night.He never thought that he would be companions with the guy he left, but turns out… it’s a small world. Oh, so this week, we went to the huge soccer museum of South America. It was sooo cool! They had all the trophies and the world cup and everything! It was way cool! I loved it. Also, we were walking and saw an investigator watching a high school soccer game. So we watched with him. It reminded me of the good ol’ days watching high school sports. 

So for my birthday, well.. hmm. Thursday, we went and ate lomitos with Elder Hatch and then right after we went to dinner with a member and they sure stuffed us. She was just watching us eat and kept saying, “Serve yourself more Elder... more!”  We were stuffed. My companion threw it all up that night.  It was weird though. My companion told the member lady, this grandma,  that my birthday was the next day and she was like, “Ohhh, happy birthday!” and kissed me on the cheek. Then my companion made it super weird and said, "Oh hermana, what about mine?" So she kissed him on the cheek too. It was awkward. Anyway, for my birthday.. well, we went to the office where I got my package that mom sent. Thank you so much! I loved everything you sent! We ate some lunch there. Then the dentist lady picked us up and she was so nice. She bought me a birthday cake on the way to the doctor. But, yeah, we went and I sat in the room and watched them take out my companion’s wisdom teeth. I’m glad I got mine out in the states. The doctor doing it was like coughing and answering her phone the whole time. But yeah. then we went home and I took care of my companion. So I guess that was my birthday. No biggie :) 

So Saturday, we were supposed to have the baptism. But then she calls me and is like, “.. I’m sick.. Can we wait? Then I said, “.. What are you sick with? Is everything all good? She was being weird about it. She was like, “Can we just wait a few days because I don’t feel good. But I will feel better in a few days.” Then the bishop calls me and is like, “. Well, Elder, it seems that that we can’t have the baptism today because of something that happens to girls every month. Do you understand?” I’m like, “Haha, yeah, I understand. We will do it next Saturday.” So this Saturday we should have a baptism! I’m still excited for it! 

But, yeah, it seemed to be a pretty good week. It’s just been cold lately, but I think my companion is about better now, so we should be able to go out tomorrow and work like normal. Woo! Anyway, I love you all. Thank you for your weekly letters :) 
 
Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment