Monday, June 3, 2013

03 June 2013


Mon 6/3/2013 3:49 PM

24 hours of loco.

Well, family. Where to start explaining my last 24 hours in the mission? I guess I will start by telling you about the week first. So, this week, basically we didn’t work a whole lot. We did a lot of saying goodbye and packing and my companion being trunky. That was the down side, but on the bright side, we had our investigator in church yesterday. We didn’t visit her, but she came again and I actually talked to her and fixed an appointment for Wednesday - when I have a new companion.  :) Yesterday, church was funny because there was a bird flying around the church. Sunday School was just crazy. We were supposed to talk about faith in Christ, but somehow we started and someone started talking about if it’s okay to smoke marijuana. Then how women evolved from men and then something about Satan worshippers taking blood baths. Oh my... I couldn’t control it. But I guess that’s Paraguay. 

So Tuesday was a really awesome day because Elder Maynes, of the Seventy, came and talked to us. He gave a really good talk too. It was cool. He was talking about how Joseph Smith was the first investigator in our time and then that means Jesus and Heavenly Father were the first missionaries. Crazy. It made me think about whose example I’m following. He talked a lot about the importance of the Holy Ghost and Love being our motive to work. It was really cool and I learned a lot. After, we went to McDonald’s with my buddies and it was a fun time.  :) 

This morning we went into Asuncion to talk to President. I figured while we were in Asuncion, I might as well hang out with Elder Hatch and we went to this yummy smoothie place. That was fun.  :) Then I bought some souvenirs. We got to the office and President talked to me. Man, I love President Madariaga. Then he talked to my companion and we left.

Today, we got changes and well... drum roll….. I’m going to Argentina! Just kidding. I’m staying in this area, so I will be in the North Mission still and I am training. Yikes! I’m gonna have me a son. He will probably be Latin. I’m pretty stoked, actually. It will be fun stuff to train. So that’s exciting. Well, family, I love you! Don’t worry about me.


Love,
Elder Rigby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment