Mon 5/27/2013 2:50 PM
Happy Birthday Don Vito
Well, all is well here. I’m just pushing through this change.
My companion just seems to be more and more ready to go home. I just have to
survive one more week right? But as for the work, it’s alright. We had two
investigators in church yesterday - except we didn’t bring either one of them. So
one is this 13 year old girl - her whole family are members except her and they
come to church every week with her. My companion just informed me yesterday she
wasn’t a member. I was like, “Well, geez, why aren’t we teaching her?!” So I
talked to her and asked why she hadn’t been baptized and she just kind of
shrugged her shoulders. So I’m going to get things going with her. Then this
other lady showed up to church yesterday too. Some girl, that is living with
some members. So we are going to try and visit her this week and see how
interested she is. Last night, we met this lady across the street. We asked her
if we could borrow oil to make popcorn and she just gave us a whole platter of
food. Very nice. So when we return the stuff tonight, I’m going to give her
some of dad’s b-day cake and see if we can get in for a lesson. Other than that,
... I’m not really sure who our investigators are. It’s sad, but.. gee.
Not much happened this week though. ‘Twas lame. Although I
did have a good laugh watching this lady smoke her cigarettes. I don’t think
she was taking breaks for oxygen - straight smoking. So I timed her. She smoked
a whole cigarette in 30 seconds. Man. I watched her go through a whole pack in
no time. That can’t be healthy..
On Saturday, we went to a baptism in our district. During
the baptism, a dog walked in the room and just lay down on the floor. No one
said anything. It just sat there. Only in Paraguay, right?
So to answer your questions, my companion goes home June
5th. My area is pretty cool. It’s super spread out - just huge fields and it’s
a big area, especially compared to Zeballos. About 15 minutes walking from our
house, we have the best empanada joint in Paraguay. So if we go out to eat,
that’s where we go. But the lunch appointments here are so much better. Ahh,
especially Sunday with the Lopez family. If they were speaking English, I would
feel like I’m in the states. They make me feel right at home. On Saturdays, we
have two lunches. At 12, we go to one family, and at 1, to another. But they
don’t know they feed us both. As for the wash lady, I haven’t seen her face yet,
but she seems to do a pretty good job with my clothes. A lot better than the
last one for sure.
I think that’s all for this week. I hope you all enjoy the last week of school. I love you all!
Don’t forget to keep the spirit in your life and follow it!
Love,
Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment