Monday, May 13, 2013

13 May 2013


Mon 5/13/2013 4:01 PM

 Hi family

 Well, I guess this will be short since I kind of just barely talked to all of you. But some things did happen since I saw you.  But first, I was really glad to see you all. Everyone looked so great and it was just a good time talking to you all :)  

 So Saturday night, the rain hit and it hit hard. So, of course, Sunday morning we weren’t able to get any investigators to church with the rain. It was such a bummer. They were all flooded in their house or couldn’t go through the mud with their baby strollers. It was a bummer. Oh, funny story though that our investigator was telling us. So I guess one of her sons, when he was born, he came out white with blue eyes and blonde hair. Both she and her ex-husband have dark hair and eyes as brown as can be. The baby was so different that the husband thought she cheated on him. They got a DNA test and it was his baby. It was just funny to me that he assumed she cheated on him. 

 But yesterday, in church, there was an American girl and we talked to her. She is getting married to a member in our ward and going to live in Paraguay. But, anyway, her cousins are the Jorgensens - like all of the ones in our old ward, the 5th ward. So I thought that was cool. A nice little connection, I guess. 

 Today, for P-day, we had a BBQ on our roof with the district. That was pretty fun. Just cooking meat and hanging out and what not. Just a chill P-day today. It has been raining almost all day, so it’s been cooler, which has been nice.

 Okay, so I guess President is getting the mission all ready for when it splits and changing a bunch of people around. There were a lot of special changes and well... I was one of them.. I’m going to some area in Luque. I forgot what it is called, but it appears I’m going over there with an Elder that goes home in 3 weeks. So I already know I will only be his companion for 3 weeks. Elder Hatch and I are super bummed. Honestly, this area, I love it and Elder Hatch and I get along so well. So I’m really bummed out that I have to leave, but I guess that’s just how the mission is. So we will see how it goes. Yikes. But I’m excited to know new places as well. 

 So I guess that’s the news for this week.

 I love you all.

 Elder Rigby

 
p.s.  I also found a cool scripture. Doctrine & Covenants 6: 34 and 36

No comments:

Post a Comment