Mon 5/20/2013 2:04 PM
Huguito
Hey there, boys and girls. So last
week, I said all my goodbyes to the members from Zeballos. Tuesday night, we
had a party at Escobar’s to celebrate Mother’s Day and Elder Hatch’s birthday. That
was really fun. I will miss that family a lot. They are just a bunch of fun.
So Wednesday was Mother’s Day. In Paraguay,
Mother’s Day is always on the 15th of May. In the morning, I went to the office
and found my new companion and then off to my new area, Huguito. It turns out,
it’s actually not too far from my last area - maybe 20 or 30 minutes by bus. But
my area is in Limpio and our area is just a bunch of little cities, I guess you
could call them. But the main place I’m in is Limpio. I actually like my house
a lot. It’s a pretty comfy little home. There is lots of space which I like
because it gives me room to do all my random activities :) It’s a sweet home. It’s
in a good location too, so I’m pleased with that. There is only one fault - the
shower doesn’t work right now, so in the morning, I boil a pot of water and mix
that with a bucket of water and use a pitcher? How do you spell that? Anyway, I
use a pitcher to pour water on myself and shower. I know, right? I’m actually
pretty used to it now. But I really like my new area so far, the members are so
welcoming to me and I already get along really well with a lot of the members
here. They are really cool! One of the members actually served his mission with
Ben Pike. I was looking through his mission photos and saw Ben. He is our first
counselor. Also, everyone in this area keeps telling me how another Elder Rigby
served here and some of them were baptized by this Elder Rigby. Crazy,
huh?
But the area is a lot bigger than
my last area, and a lot more open spaces. But I like it. I still haven’t seen
all of the area. Investigators wise... we have some prospects that I think
could get baptized in a few weeks. We just need to work more with them than it
seems they have been worked with. My new companion is Elder Schmidt from West Jordan.
He is pretty cool... well, I haven’t really had a problem with him at all. It’s
just like he is basically here to show me the area, because he goes home in two
weeks. It’s funny though, because we have nothing in common. Like not anything.
But he is a chill kid. I enjoy my time with him.
So it has been pretty cold this
past week. I don’t know if I’m just used to being so hot, but boy I got cold
this week. I whipped out my thermal garments for sleeping at night. I slept
nice and warm. Mmm :) It mostly just gets cold at night though,
which makes it a lot harder to work. Um, but yeah, I can’t remember
anything else I was going to tell you. Maybe you could send me a cool Cub’s hat.
:) Like a snapback, preferred. But I decided I need a Cub’s hat to wear around
the house. I gotta rep my team! :)
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment