Monday, July 8, 2013

08 July 2013


Mon 7/8/2013 1:55 PM

Root Beer

Yo, yo, yo. So how is everyone? Stadium of Fire? Tight. Justin Bieber is coming here in a few months. Don’t worry, I already bought my tickets. Front row with the mission president’s daughter. Haha. Just kidding. I wish I could go though. So guess what family? I can dunk it. Heck ya. I can dunk now. 

 Alright, so this week I found some IBC root beer. I was so happy. I found it at some import store. I haven’t drunk it yet though. I gotta save it for a special occasion. I don’t love root beer, but it’s been so long since I have had one that I’m pretty excited to drink it. So this week, we met our new mission president and his family. They are so awesome. You just fall in love with the family. The new president is really cool and pretty funny too. They brought three kids, but one leaves for his mission in 20 days. But I was just talking to them for a long time and they are a really great family. I’m really excited and happy that he is my president.  His wife is really cool too! They are both just so nice.  

 So this week, I’m pretty sure I helped this guy in our ward stalk a professional body builder lady on facebook. He called me and was like.. “Hey Elder, can you come over and help me write a message to my friend in English?” So I go over and he shows me a bunch of pictures of this muscular lady from Canada and telling me everything about her. Then has me write a message to her in English from her, saying things like, “You are my idol. I love you. I send you kisses. I want to meet you some day.” I was like, “... so has she replied to you yet?” And he is like, “No, but she will.” He had already written her like 20 messages saying he loves her and all this stuff. It was super weird. Then later that night, Elder Gomez and I went and spied on the suspicious people. Anyway, we went out in our hoodies at night and our spying walk around the block. Then we get back by our house and everyone in the neighborhood is outside. So I ask someone, “What’s up?”  They are like, “There are burglars walking around.” I’m like, “Really? Are you sure that wasn’t us? I’m pretty sure that was us.” They were like, “No, no, it wasn’t you.” But we were walking around and didn’t see anyone else, so I think they all thought we were the burglars. It was really funny, I thought. Everyone was freaking out. 

 So the work is great. This whole week, almost every day, Alejandro, this member, went out with us and we got a lot of good work done. We have two sweet investigators right now that will for sure get baptized. One is Ricardo (17) and the other is named Ana (13). So I’m excited about that. The members have really helped us because we have been friends with them and helping them along. Oh my, yesterday, testimony meeting was so great! So our convert Janet went up to give her testimony and, to be honest, I was nervous because depending on her testimony, people judge us as missionaries. But she went up and started giving her testimony and when she said "I know this church is true." she started crying and she said it 3 times. It was just so cool. The spirit was so strong. I think she always knew the church was true but I think in that moment she felt it. It was just really cool to see the Holy Ghost touch her life. I felt the spirit so strong that I bore my testimony too. I was super nervous to give mine. But, yeah, it was a great day at church. The work is going really well. Everyone keeps telling us “Thank you” for how we are helping the ward. A lot of parents thank us because they say they can see a difference in their children because of us. It just really made me feel good inside knowing we are doing the right things.   :)    I’m really satisfied.   :)

 Well, family, I hope you enjoy Redfish Lake. I’m jealous but pumped for you all to soak up the sun and enjoy the beach. Be safe and do something crazy. I love you all.

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment