Monday, September 16, 2013

9 September 2013


Mon 9/9/2013 3:09 PM

Ray Bans

             This email will be short because nothing different really happened this last week.  It was just normal missionary work. How lame, huh? We had a lot of success though.
            Well I guess it starts with district meeting. The APs came to my district meeting, so I made it a more serious district meeting about the restoration. I was going to do a division with Elder Dickson but they canceled on me. I was excited to be his companion again for a day, but oh well. 

Elder Jordan’s Spanish seems to be coming along really well. He understands a lot more. The people love him, so it’s great. He is really inspired as well. I always ask him where we should go and he is like, “Ummm, there.” Then we end up finding super cool people. We found a lot of sweet people this week. We found this guy Eduardo. He was asking me a lot of questions I had never been asked before. Like he asked me why I’m on my mission and then he asked what keeps me going each day and what keeps me from not quitting. That was a cool question to answer. 

Um, I guess the coolest part of the week was... oh, they are building another house next to ours so we climb up on top of the house and just chill there at night and have life talks.  Elder Anderl and I did a division and had a nice life talk up there as well. It’s perfect. Oh and we covered up the windows in our room and got the air conditioning fixed. It’s so prime. It’s pitch black and just super cold in there - I love it! We call it the cave. Yeah, it’s getting really hot here, and mostly just really, really, humid right now. So the air conditioning saves us. We also had these two old ladies hit on us this week. The first one was this old lady with a handlebar mustache. She just kept telling me over and over how nice my teeth were. She was just asking us over and over if she could wash our clothes for us. She is like, “I have a ton of water. Let me wash your clothes!” The other lady just kept winking at me. She was like 65 and she comes out and leans on her door frame and is just all googley eyed at us. She kept winking. I was scared. We call those "dragons" The flirty girls here we call snakes, because they make hissing sounds at us. So we call the older ones dragons. 

 I think that is all I have for you this week... lame right? At least I’m all healthy and what not.

Love,

Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment