Mon 9/2/2013 3:36 PM
Frogs.
Well, well, well. We had changes
last week. Want to know something crazy? Remember my MTC companion, Elder Dickson?
He is the new AP. What a stud, right? So, anyway, with changes - we got changes
and Elder Gomez got changed. He just went to Luque, close by. Well, I’m staying
in Huguito. I am training again, but this time he isn’t dark skinned, he is
actually whiter than I am - actually a lot whiter.
So, anyway, Tuesday we had to say
goodbye to all the members for Elder Gomez and our area is huge and we had to
say goodbye to a lot of people. So we ran, literally ran, all day Tuesday all
over all day. But the nice thing about Paraguay is that we are at sea level
with like pure oxygen, so you just don’t really get tired.
Wednesday I got my new companion. There
were 24 Americans that came in. Crazy. My companion is named Elder Scott Jordan
from Ogden, Utah. He is only 18 years old. He makes me feel really old,
especially in the mission. He always talks about how much time I have [or don’t
have]. It’s crazy because I still feel like a newby. It’s really different
training someone that doesn’t speak Spanish though. So I had to get used to
that. On the bright side, it’s easy to train him. However, in lessons I have to
talk most the time, but he is learning and understanding more and more as we
go. It was funny, the other day we were talking and this lady was telling me
how some member got involved in witchcraft and cursed her daughter’s marriage. Anyway,
he just like spoke up, all a sudden, testifying about the blessings of church. It
was funny. What was more funny, was the person just went with it and didn’t
really notice. He is really cool and really excited to be here in Paraguay. We
get along and it’s fun stuff. He reminds me of Ryan Clifford in the way he
talks.
Our investigators are doing great. Hermana
Parra - her husband died... so that was sad. But now she can come to church. Karen
is still just waiting for all the papers to be finalized so she can get
married.
Yesterday was stake conference. That
was pretty normal. I sat in between Alejandro and Elder Anderl. The opening prayer - oh
man, it was hilarious. I don’t even know how to explain, the guy was crying and
it was like three lines. It was a good time.
Yeah, well life is good.
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment