Monday, August 26, 2013

26 August 2013


Mon 8/26/2013 3:03 PM

No Snow

Family, I am disappointed. It has definitely been cold enough to snow and it’s not snowing! Just raining! I swear that rain should be frozen. Oh well. But yeah, it has been pretty cold lately. It’s dropped down again after being hot. There is no middle here – it’s either hot or cold. Probably for the humidity. But I’m used to it, so no biggie. My companion hates it though. Funny. 

Alright, I guess I will start with an “only in Paraguay” story. Tuesday, we had the baptism of that 8 year old right? Well, his baptism went well. His daddy baptized him. But then this other family shows up saying that it was their son’s birthday and he turned 8 and they wanted him to be baptized. But his dad wasn’t worthy and didn’t want to baptize him. Gosh, who knows why. They just really wanted their son to be baptized on his birthday, so it was really rushed. So they had the other kid’s dad baptize him.  He tried to baptize him about 7 times and every time, something went wrong. By then the kid was done and didn’t want to be baptized. So he didn’t get baptized. They didn’t want to force him. Poor kid. Anyway, we just figured it wasn’t his time to be baptized.. that was a crazy night. 

Other than that, this week was great. For district meeting, I talked about doing lessons with members and the importance of that. So every day this week, and almost all our lessons, we did with different members. It was really cool and all the members are in love with us and the work. They are all excited. So we have been seeing success with that. It’s been fun. They always go off in Guarani and we can’t understand, but the people like it. It’s like in Blades of Glory. We are like, "I don’t even know what that means" but it gets the people going.  Anyway, yes, as always, Alejandro comes and helps out with us. He, my companion, and me, we always freestyle rap and sing while walking in the street. So we decided to make ourselves a group. Los Espacos. We actually wrote some pretty catchy songs. So that has been fun lately. 

Well, I did a division with Elder Anderl this week. That was really fun and we celebrated mom’s birthday. We made a delicious dinner and treats J It was great, mom, J so I’m glad you had a good birthday. 

But yeah... life is great here. We are just waiting for changes. Anything could happen. But I’m loving it here in the mission family. I’m really learning a lot. I’m reading the BOM again but this time a lot slower and just loving it. I’m just paying attention to more stuff and trying to get as much out of it as I can. It’s been super sweet. I have been hitting a lot of deep stuff. Oh yeah. Heck ya. There is some cool stuff in that book if you pay attention to the details. 

Yeah, this email is really short, isn’t it? well. Oh well. I love you all. Have fun at school and work! Just kidding. But really. J

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment