Tuesday, October 1, 2013

30 September 2013


09/30/2013  4:09 pm

Sapos

Elder Jordan made the mistake this week of forgetting to lock the bathroom door while there is a man living with him that owns an air soft gun. J  hehehe. 

Well, I hope you are all doing well, seeing that mom was the only faithful family member that wrote me. Thank you Mom. J Nah, no worries. I know you are all busy. So this week was pretty good. I’m just honestly ready to bring people to church and will do anything to get people to church. I’m so sick of golden investigators not coming on Sunday. I called this lady to repentance this week. I was proud of myself. I did it with love of course. We have really cool investigators, there are just a few things holding them back from being baptized. One has been in the hospital for a week or so... so I think we may go visit her this week - once we find out what hospital she is in. And, ahhh, Karen - still waiting for them to be able to get married. She is so cool though. This is Paraguay for you, though. The lawyer doing the divorce papers is the Bishop... so you would think he would be helping it go along faster... well yeah....but we are working really hard with a lot of people. The blessings will soon come as long as we keep working hard.

So this week I contacted this guy and he wouldn’t shake my hand and he started calling me and Iraqi killer! He was saying I’m a murderer because I’m American and saying, “A killed Jose.” I guess Jose was someone the United States killed in the war? I’m not sure...kind of a funny experience though. 

Oh, so this week, this guy in our ward got back from his mission and he is the new Ward Mission Leader. It’s the first time I have had a Ward Mission Leader. So I am excited about that. Also this week, we have a missionary leaving from our ward to Brazil. I’m really excited for him! Tonight we are going to his farewell family home evening. It’s been really exciting helping him get prepared and what not. I hope you don’t mind, mom, but I gave him quite a bit of my stuff.... but don’t worry. I have sufficient. So yeah... I’m really excited for Jorge! 

Elder Jordan and I caught frogs the other night. So now we have frogs in a bucket outside of our house. It’s pretty cool. Their names are James Franco, Winafred, and Chucky Cheese. Another funny story - during Sunday School yesterday, Eduardo announced that he is still a virgin and that he will probably die a virgin. Then Brother Gavilan goes, "I’m not!" and smiles. Brother Gavilan, I realized, is like my 64 year old buddy. He acts like a 20-year old. Last night we were just sitting talking like I would talk to one of my friends back home. He is hilarious.  I was showing him my pictures. I had a picture of me in my morf suit and he was like, "How did you get your skin that color?!?!" freaking out. Then I explained to him. He is great. I love kickin’ it with good ol’ Brother Gavilan - my 64 year old pal.

So yesterday was Karen’s son’s birthday. He turned 4, so I made a cake and we went over and celebrated for them and brought gifts (they didn’t have money for gifts)... so that was really fun. They have 2 kids. I will send you a picture. The younger one is 1 year old. I was kicking the soccer ball back and forth with him. Then I kicked it pretty hard at this wall but I kicked it bad and just drilled the kid in the chest. He just stood there looking at me, then ran towards the ball to kick it back to me. I hit him so hard. I felt bad, but I guess it was no big deal for him. Anyway, I guess that was mainly the week - the exciting news and such. 

Well, family, I hope you all enjoy conference this weekend. Conference is honestly the best on the mission, so I’m really excited for what we have planned. It will be a good time and really enjoyable. I hope you all enjoy it. Share your conference experiences with me next Monday. Thank you for everything always. I love you all. 

Love,
Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment