Tuesday, October 29, 2013

28 October 2013



Mon 10/28/2013 2:50 PM

halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenies. what?

             Mom, I received your package and was very thankful. I have been eating the peanut butter with a spoon. So good. I haven’t had peanut butter for so long. I’m saving the Nutella for a rainy day though. But thank you very much, this week seemed to go very well. 

Well, I know you were all very worried about me, but, yes, we killed the mouse this week. Well... Elder Jordan did. The mouse trap wasn’t working, so he scared it out of its hiding place. Freak. It was epic! It ran away and I was yelling at him, telling him where it is, of course. Then it came out again and went right for Elder Jordan so, in defense, he hit it with the broom and ended up chopping its head off. It was great. Then, that night!, we are sitting, writing in our journals, and all of a sudden a huge tarantula runs under our front door. It was as big as our name tags! But I’m not afraid of spiders, thank goodness, so I grabbed a big book and smashed it. Oh, and that same day, we are waiting for a bus and a bus turns on this road the same time as a motorcycle. The motorcycle hits the bus, the guy jumps off his bike, but his bike got wrecked! It went underneath the bus. It was crazy. So we took advantage of his perilous times and gave him a BOM and taught him the restoration. No, I’m kidding, but we did go help him up and make sure he was okay.  

Wednesday night was a ward activity at the bishops house because his son was opening his mission call. It was funny. He opens his mission call and was like, “Dang it!” Then he reads it for us. He got called to Peru. But he is really excited to go. I hadn’t seen a mission call opening in soo long. It was cool. It brought back a lot of memories. Like Brad telling me how to pronounce Asuncion and Carlos screaming about me speaking Spanish. But, yeah, we had a BBQ that night, ‘twas nice. I think those were mostly the exciting parts of our week.

So work wise, it’s going really well. We met this new kid Friday. The sister missionaries found him in their area and introduced him to us because he lives in our area. So as I’m walking with him to his house, I was getting to know him. Looking back on this, it’s pretty weird, but I was asking him about the tattoos he had. Anyway, I guess he was in a gang and wants to change his life around. It was funny though, he asked me if I thought the sister missionaries were pretty. I was like...”No, not really.” Then he told me he thought they were beautiful. he asked me if he "had to dress up with a white shirt and tie to get a girl like that" I told him no and gave him some good man to man advice, though. But he was way cool and understood everything we taught him. But I was so bummed when he didn’t answer his door Sunday when we went to pick him up... hopefully, we will get him to church this week though. 

Anyway, this week for Halloween – well, they don’t celebrate Halloween in Paraguay really. All they do is say, "Happy Witch Day." That’s it. How lame, huh? So I think we might make our own fun and go visit a cemetery. 

Take care family. Have a good week and enjoy Halloween. Love you all.

Love, Elder Rigby

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment