Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11 November 2013


Mon 11/11/2013 2:40 PM

Well I’m glad to hear and Kandi got pooped for her birthday. Clever mom. J  I can’t believe they are already showing Christmas movies on TV. What the? Let’s just forget about Thanksgiving, eh? I didn’t realize that Thanksgiving is next week. [He is mis-informed, it’s in two weeks] Weird. Time flies a little too fast, eh? 

So today was a pretty good day. Let me tell you why. We took a little trip to the import store and they had some good brands of American soda pop. So we, of course, cleaned out the store. I haven’t had some of those flavors in so long! But this week was pretty good, except my watch strap broke. But nothing a little tape and glue can’t fix. It will last me to the end for sure. 

So this week, it got really, really, hot and humid. High in the 90s every day. In Paraguay, it’s not like, “Oh yeah, it was 98 at 2 pm.”  It’s like 90 when you wake up and then it gets up to 98 then goes down to 90 at night. I’m use to it now. It’s funny to see my companion getting use to it. He is just dripping in sweat. I am too, but just not as much as last year.  Yet we still went out and worked in the heat. Now we have our tan lines going on, heck ya. Wednesday was fun. We visited this family that lives far from our house. They had a ton of huge bumblebees at their house, so we had a fun time hunting those huge, black bees. I have never had that much fun hunting bees. 

Oh, so on Thursday, it was great. We went out and did a lot of visits with the mission 1st counselor. He is so prime to do visits with because he does most the talking, so it’s kind of a nice little break when we go with him. Anyway, that night we were eating dinner with a family - this old couple. We were sitting outside their house. Then I saw this plant growing in her garden. So I went up and was looking at this plant and, sure enough, it was a Marijuana plant. I was like, “Hermana, did you know you have marijuana growing in your garden?” She was like, “Really?” and she just started giggling (shes a little crazy). But she thought it was super funny. She was asking if it’s okay for her to sell it. But, yeah. She wanted to give us some, but I had no idea what I would have done with marijuana. So we didn’t take any. But it was just super funny how pumped she was that she had marijuana in her garden. 

Sunday was the primary program in our ward - which is always fun to watch, no matter where you are. It was short - 5 short songs and a few reading parts, but still good. This one kid was reading his part but like... reading it in syllables. Like this "Je-sus Chr-ist is our sa-v-ior.  Be-cau-se of him, I can re-pent..” etc and in Spanish. So that was super funny and cute. It took him like 8 minutes to read it. He was really nervous. But Sunday was also great because we had a ton of less actives show up that we have been working with for a long time. I was so happy to see them coming back to church - especially Hermano Arce. I guess his little grand-daughter woke him up in the morning on Sunday and invited him to church. She is like 2 years old. He has come two weeks in a row. It’s sweet. So everything seems to be going really well here. 

             Tomorrow, Elder Christofferson will be coming. It’s always awesome to hear from the Apostles. So everyone is pretty excited for that. But yeah. Next week is transfers, so we will see if this is my last week in Huguito. I really hope not. I love this area. 

              Anyway, have a good week fam. I love you all - seriously I do. Well, take care. 

Love, Elder Rigby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment