Tuesday, January 28, 2014

27 January 2014


Mon 1/27/2014 2:18 PM

19

Well, hello family.  It was good hearing from you. 

Alrighty, well, I think this week was another normal one, but it went by pretty fast actually. So this week, the office calls us and told us we need to find a house because they are putting 2 more missionaries here at transfers -most likely sister missionaries. So my companion and I went out on the house hunt again. I’m getting pretty good at looking for houses now. But we found a pretty cool one. Well, we had to go furniture shopping too. I now see how the mission prepares us for marriage. Haha. But, yeah, I guess that was a good time. 

I’m trying to think what happened this week other than teaching lessons...Oh, so do you remember the Escobar family from Zeballos Cue? The family I would always send pictures of and we always had little parties at their house? They had that cool animal? Well, they randomly called me the other night. Ahh, it was so good hearing from them. It was really funny because when I was at their house, I always rapped this song for them and they made me rap it again. But it was super cool because they are a family we reactivated and they told me they got sealed in the temple and they both have callings in the church now. The son is about to go on a mission. It just made me super happy talking to them. So next time I head to Asuncion, I’m for sure passing by their house. 

So this week, on Sunday, it was kind of disappointing. We got to church on time and no one was there. We ended up only having 19 people there by the time Sacrament meeting started. I tell ya, this area is a rough one. That’s why, right now, we are putting our main focus on bringing members to church and helping strengthen the branch. But we do have some really cool investigators right now, as well. But it seems we have put most of our focus on helping the members lately.  I had the opportunity to give a talk in church yesterday. It was funny because we had about 40 minutes left in the meeting and this girl was speaking with me. So in my mind, I’m like, “Alright, she talks for a bit and I can finish it.” Then she gets up and reads a scripture and says her testimony then sits down. .. so I told a lot of stories. I felt like it was a good talk. It’s always fun to tell stories about my life and family. The members got a kick out of some stories I told. But it got me thinking. I’m so used to giving talks to maximum 50 or 60 people -in this case 18. It will be weird talking to a full chapel. Risky. Here, they will respond to your questions or things you say. I think I said a word wrong and someone corrected me from the congregation. Good ol’ Paraguay. Gotta love it J 

 

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment