Mon 5/19/2014 4:08 PM
GYM RATS
Alright, this week was pretty
normal. But guess what? We got gym passes. Heck ya. We are regular tools now. We
go every morning. It’s not a way, amazing gym, it’s just a whole in the wall - Coach
Pope gym – but, hey, it works, right? So we are just trying to get “swoll”
before we come home. So we don’t come home looking like skin and bones no mas.
So Mother’s Day was on Thursday
here and it was chill. Except, it rained most the day, which was a double
whammy, because Paraguayans hate rain and then, with the holiday, the streets
were empty. At night, we had a fun family night with our neighbor, Oscar. His
sister was there. We made home pizza and watched a church movie. It was pretty
fun! Oh, but I was so disappointed on Sunday, Oscar didn’t go to church because
he was out all Saturday night until like 4am.. So now we have to wait another
week for his baptism. Its a bummer, but he is still doing well.
Oh man, this week I went to the
most disgusting house I have been to in Paraguay. It was crazy! The guy invited
us in and I stepped in the room and it was like the movies - bugs, worms,
cockroaches, just scattered. He had pots filled with his urine sitting around
and who knows what else was in there. It was crazy! My companion isn’t as good
at tolerating things like that as I am. So it was really funny, the looks he
had on his face. What was even more funny was that the guy didn’t notice how
grossed out we were. He was just acting like it was all normal. I think, at one
point, he apologized for one plate sitting on his table that wasn’t washed. Out
of everything in his house, he was like, “Oh, sorry, I forgot to wash my plate
after lunch.” It was pretty funny.
So on the bright side, our
investigator, Santiago is dope. He is progressing really well and all good to
go for his baptism on Friday. Man, he always surprises me how smart he is. We
met his other two brothers and, after meeting his whole family, I realized his
whole family has really weird voices. It’s funny. He has a fat brother with a
really high voice. But Santiago is sweet and best buddies with our convert Aldo,
so those two can both progress together as recent converts.
Today, we learned how to do Ñanduti
- which is like an art in Paraguay. I think I sent some home - those little
spider web looking things. Yeah, it was kind of fun learning how to do it. Cool
hobby, I guess! But anyway, life is going really well here. We are having a lot
of cool experiences. This week, we hit our record of church attendance. So that
was pretty sweet! The less active work is going well! It’s cool because people
we have reactivated are starting to get callings and getting ready to go to the
temple. J
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment