Tuesday, May 6, 2014

05 May 2014

Mon 5/5/2014 4:12 PM
Cinco de Mayo. Nice.

Well, Cinco de Mayo is nothing in Paraguay, but we celebrated anyway! No, I’m just kidding. Today was just way chill. We went to the park and were seeing how far we could throw those ring frisbees. Pretty far, I must say. Then we slack lined. Guess what? I did some back flips off the slack line. It felt soo good to do a back-flip! It had been so long! 
So this week was pretty normal, but at the same time not normal at all. So on Tuesday, I had to go do a baptismal interview for the sister missionaries in Moroni. So I went and their area looked way familiar - so did their investigator. It was this lady that is about 32. Anyway, so I sat down and started interviewing her. Then it hit me! One year ago, I went on a division with Elder Naegle in that area and we taught this lady! We had just barely found her and had a way sweet lesson with her. I asked her if she remembered me and she did! So it was really cool to interview her. I remembered all the things she was going through a year ago and we talked about all that. It was cool to hear how much her life had changed in the past year and now she can finally be baptized. It was cool. She asked me to baptize her too. I wanted to email Elder Naegle, but I don’t have his email. But it was a kind of cool experience. Just seeing someone’s progress and the way their life has changed. 
So this week, Elder Wilhelm, of the seventy, was in Paraguay with his wife. So Wednesday morning, we had a conference with them. Oh boy was it long - like 5 hours long. But it was good. Friday, they did this special thing. Friday night in the chapel, right by the temple, they had a fireside and we invited all the members and investigators. It was pretty sweet. A lot of people went! We got Oscar to go and he loved it! After, I went up with him to Elder Wilhelm and Oscar got to talk to him for a bit. Then after, we walked over to the temple with Oscar. It was open! So we walked in and showed him the Celestial Room! No, I’m just kidding. But we went inside to the waiting room. Ah, it was so cool because we just walked in to the little waiting area and it was completely silent. Oscar was loving it, telling us how he had goosebumps and just had never felt the spirit so strong. It was awesome. After, we stood outside the temple and explained to him all about the temple - what goes on inside. He just kept asking me what he has to do to be able to go in. So I showed him my temple recommend and explained baptisms. My recommend is actually expired - so it was kind of funny when he noticed that. I was like, “Yeah... I can’t go in at the moment either.” But it was really cool and, after, Oscar went with us to Burger King and we ate and then went home. It was a cool night. 
Sunday. Ah man. I was soooo bummed out! A few problems happened and Oscar wasn’t able to go to church. He wanted to go so bad too. But yeah, I was so bummed out. Now we have to wait longer for his baptism. I was just sitting in Sacrament meeting bummed out. But then Aldo got up to bare his testimony. Our convert. I was surprised, because usually he is pretty shy, but he went up, no problem. He bore a really cool testimony. He was talking about how my companion and I had changed his family so much and that he loves us and is going to be really sad when we have to go home. He was just talking the whole time about how awesome we are and how happy he is in the church. Then after, his mom came up to me. We were talking to her and there was just something different. This is the lady that I was super direct with and blunt, by the way. Just talking to her, I could see the difference in her life. She is so happy now. Before, she was just straight angry all the time. Now, they are happy. She thanked my companion and me for passing by her home, finding her, and reactivating her. She thanked us for never giving up on them. I don’t know, it just cheered me up so much because she was right, if we hadn’t found them.. she would probably still be less active and not happy.. I think the Lord did a lot more than we did, but I’m just really happy at the changes they have made in their lives. Aldo is such a stud. I will be here long enough for him to turn 12 and see him get the priesthood. So, in that aspect, church was really good on Sunday. 
But, yeah, things are going really well. My companion and I are staying together again. I don’t know if I said that. So it looks like he will be the companion that I end my mission with. Wahoo. I’ll finish in this same area. So I’m pumped about that - I did NOT want to pack my bags again. So I’m really excited to end strong in this area. We have a lot of cool people to work with and a lot of work to do still. I feel like I don’t have enough time to do it all. But, anyway, I love you all. Happy Birthday Colton, yesterday. I drank a Dew in your honor. I love you buddy. J

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment