Tuesday, April 29, 2014

28 April 2014


Monday, April 28, 2014 5:15:13 PM

Aldote

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hey everybody! Whaddup? 

This last week was pretty fun, but flew by. I’m not really sure what to write because I can’t remember all the fun things that happened. Oh yeah, Wednesday, I did a division with Elder Jenson in my area. It’s always fun hanging with him. We had a sick day. We got a ton of sweet visits in. It was funny, we were visiting this lady and her little 2 year old son kept bringing me oranges. I don’t know where he got them from, but he brought me like 20! So when his mom left for a second, we told him to throw them over the wall into the neighbor’s yard. Hahaha. He kept throwing them! Then his mom came out and he looks at me like, “Can I throw it?” I was like, “Throw it.” So he did, then his mom got mad at him for doing it. It was the funniest thing ever. He just turns his head and looks at Elder Jenson and me with this super innocent look and we knew that he was thinking. “Why would they tell me to do something I would get in trouble for?” So we just busted up laughing and told her we told him to do it. That kid’s a little cutie though.  But the division was way fun. I’m always so tired after divisions with him because we stay up for a while talking at night. 

Our investigator, Oscar, he is so dope. We had to move his baptism date to the 17th though. But, gee, every time we teach him, he just eats up what we tell him and loves it. We had a really cool Plan of Salvation lesson. Oh yeah, so he studies with this girl all the time and we went to teach him and she was there. So we taught them both and it was like teaching with a member. I thought he would be a little shy about everything, but he was straight up testifying to her the truth of the church and about the restoration and everything. It was so sweet. Now, she is way interested in the church and is going to go. Oscar is way cool. Yesterday, he told us he really wants to serve a mission one day. He is sick. Also, he is our neighbor so we can always talk to him and are really good friends with him.

So the baptism: happened! It was crazy! So yesterday was Stake Conference and after weeks of practicing, we finally performed. So we sang at the beginning and at the end. What happened is.. We got to the church and there was no water. There hasn’t been water in the church since last Thursday or so. So the font didn’t fill up and we were like, “Shoot, we have to fill that up because the baptism is after the conference.” So we sang and then my companion and I left and all of Stake Conference, we filled up the font with buckets of water from the neighbors house. We got it up to my knees about then we had to go back and sing. 

So we had the baptism. Man, Aldo was sooo pumped to be baptism. Most kids are afraid of the water, but he was pumped. He told me he had never been swimming or been under water so he was excited. I had to baptize him three times, but he loved it. His foot kept coming up because the water was so shallow. So in the end, I ended up doing the prayer then he sat down and just laid back. He was so happy to be baptized. It was awesome. I think it helped his mom out a lot too. 

So this week went really well, a little bit crazy. Saul is still in jail.. but we are still doing well work-wise. I love you family. I’m glad to hear everyone is doing well. COLTON, getting state – that’s sweet. I just wanted to let you all know, I love you and I hope you all are keeping the gospel in your life. A shout out to Uncle Scott aka: Uncle $$$ in the bank. You are always in my prayers.

Love, Elder Rigby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment