Monday, April 7, 2014

07 April 2014


Mon 4/7/2014 4:11 PM

Pizza Fiasco

 

Wellllll, hello. So conference was pretty sick. I was pretty pumped when President Uchtdorf mentioned the word "selfie." 

Alright, so the temple trip last week.. it was so awesome. We started out having a testimony meeting before, which was really cool, and then we went and did a session. It was good! I liked it a lot. I understand a lot more with all the new stuff, too. It was also fun inside after, because Paraguay is so chill, we just walked around the temple looking at all the rooms. But, wow, I sure received a lot of help that I needed. It was great! J After going to the temple, we all ate pizza and watched a mission slide show. It was fuuun stuff. 

So the week was pretty normal. Excepting one night, we decided to make homemade pizza, because I had a recipe for the dough. So first, we made a pizza for Elder Jenson and Elder Jones, because when we went to the supermarket, we saw them there and invited them over. So we made their pizza and then we made our pizza. Oh how delicious it looked. I made stuffed crust and everything. Right when we put it in the oven, our gas... or propane went out. Our gas for our oven comes in the big tank like the one we use for the BBQ. It was later at night, but we wanted our pizza! So we unhooked the gas tube and I threw the tank on my back and we just went running to the gas station. Thinking back, it must have looked funny seeing some American running with a gas tank on his back. But the first gas station was closed, so we ran to another and they didn’t have any. So, we had to take a taxi and went and got our gas. We made it home. We ate our pizza. booo yah. 

So conference weekend was way sick. I learned so much! Most of the sessions, I watched in Spanish, so that members or investigators didn’t have to sit alone. But I didn’t mind listening in Spanish. It was a really good conference. I learned a lot about how I should be a better example to everyone by making the right decisions.  

So you know our investigator that we are waiting for him to get off probation to be baptized? Well, he was going to be good to go this week and... Saturday, he went out past curfew. He got picked up by the police. So.. we went and visited him in jail. He seems to be hopeful, but was pretty mad at himself and embarrassed that we were seeing him like that. I hope it impacts him a bit more so it doesn’t happen again. Also... Sunday morning, we went to go pick up our investigator, Aldo... Boy... it was crazy. His mom is really struggling with being able to choose the Lord’s way or the world’s way. She is a bit crazy.. and she was being really rude and crazy about him going to church. She was saying that he shouldn’t get baptized because he doesn’t know enough and is only 11 and all this stuff. She was just being blasphemous. Well, I was about to yell at her and, what’s the word... reprend her? [reprimand] But I sat, got control of my thoughts, and I spoke really, really, direct with her. I don’t think I have ever spoken so direct or spoken to anyone like that. I was telling her… well, telling her the truth, telling her that her son needs to get baptized, even if he doesn’t understand everything. “He will learn. He needs the Holy Ghost to guide him in his life.” I told her how I was baptized when I was 8 and that I am still learning things. I think what was really rude, was when I told her that her son has the desires to be baptized (because he does, he wants to be baptized so bad and understands baptism) if she holds him back from that, that she will be punished for it, not him. She freaked out on me, yelling, saying all this crap about how she gives up and wants to go to hell - all this crazy stuff. But she let her son get ready to come with us, so that she wouldn’t go to hell ... and then she calmed down. I felt super bad about it and apologized. I didn’t take my words back.. but I apologized for having to be so blunt. She showed up to the next session and told me what I said was what she needed to hear. I still feel really bad for being so direct, but it needed to be said. I think she understands better now. So we will see what this next week brings. I have never said something like that. So I hope she isn’t mad. But, at least she understands now. Yikes. But Aldo is super sick. He loves the church. 

So this week ended out really well with conference and everything. That less active, I told you about, that speaks English, Jorge, he is like my new best buddy. He has a really tough situation right now and I think he needs a good Elder/friend in his life right now to get through it. He is sick though. I’m pumped we found him. J 

Well, I think that’s it for this week, family. I love you all so much. J Thanks for writing me.

 

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment