Monday, April 7, 2014

31 March 2014


Mon 3/31/2014 3:57 PM

Empletay

 

Well, heyyyyyy! I’m pumped that Colton is done with his Eagle. That’s so sick. Heck ya, bra. “I said a bang, bang, a bangety, bang.” Anyway, nice work, Colton. I’m proud.

So we found out changes and I’m just staying with my companion - everything all the same. Except, the sisters in my district got changed. But yeah, we 4 Elders in Trinidad stay the same, so that’s way cool because we are all buddies. 

So this week was this member’s birthday from Zeballos Cue - my old area. They invited me over for the birthday party. It was so fun! When I got there, they were so excited to see me! It was great being back there. It felt like being home again at their house. It was so much fun and good to see them - the Escobar family. 

This week. Do you remember that lady I told you about, that is a hard core alcoholic? Now we have reactivated her and she has stopped alcohol. Well, guess what? She gets her temple recommend this week! I’m so pumped for her. She is going to do baptisms for the dead and soon go through the temple, I hope. It’s really awesome. Yesterday, she was telling us how, for the first time in her life, she is actually happy. She has never been happy until now. She is way cool and cooks really good food, too. 

So we figured out that the person, that lives in the apartment next to us, is a inactive lady and… well... we got her to go to church. Now, we are teaching her 21 year old son. He is so cool. He started reading the Book of Mormon on his own and told us straight up he really wants to be baptized. So we are stoked. They live so close! It’s fun teaching our neighbor. We also found this way cool inactive guy, last night, who speaks English really well. He is 25 and we had such a tight lesson with him! He is way cool too and I think would be a really good leader in the ward. It was sweet talking to him because we could just talk in English the whole time. A few times, he actually corrected our English. It was embarrassing. He works at the mall, so he can get us discounts. Oooooh, yeah.

I also went on a division this week with that one weird Elder I sent you a picture of. It was actually pretty fun. We had some really interesting conversations, I must say. But it was a good division. Always fun to get to know different people. Anyway, tomorrow we get to go to the temple to do a session. I’m so excited. It’s been a year since I’ve been inside the temple! I’m really excited! I hope you all take advantage of the temple back home. 

 

Love, Elder Rigby



 

No comments:

Post a Comment