Tuesday, March 25, 2014

24 March 2014


Mon 3/24/2014 4:20 PM

 

WaT

 

Well, this week went by way fast and was super normal.  But, Mom, I got your package yesterday.  Yum, yum.  Thanks for sending it.  Oh, by the way, if anyone sends me a package before I get home, I want some fake mustaches - just because. 

So, this week it rained a ton!  It was crazy.  We were walking through rivers all day.  Our area gets so flooded.  Luckily, we are in our new apartment that doesn’t leak.  But it was really nice this week because it cooled down a ton!  We didn’t even have to turn on the fan at night.  It was really nice.  Everyone was all bundled up and we were just walking around enjoying the weather.  Today, it heated up a bit again.  But we are in Fall now, so it should be cooling down a bit.  Also, daylight savings happened, so now we are only 2 hours apart. 

So this little boy in our ward has lung cancer, so we went to the hospital to visit him.  Man, that kid is living the life.  I thought he would be miserable.  Hospitals here freak me out, by the way.  Hospitals back home are freaky but here it’s worse.  Anyway, we went to visit him and he was super happy.  He had a TV in his room and was watching The Lion King.  He was funny. His mom would give him stuff to eat and he would hide it and act like he ate it.  Then he would go give it to other kids across the hall.  It was funny. 

So things are going well - work wise.  I don’t know if my companion and I are just boss or if this area is blessed, but the less-active people here are so easy to reactivate.  We just visit them once and they come to church.  It’s like they just need a little extra push.  We have so many less-actives coming back to church.  It’s really cool.  Investigator –wise, we have some way cool investigators that should be baptized, but they have a few things getting in the way.  It’s a little frustrating, but we are being patient.  They come to church every week though and are progressing.  They just aren’t able to be baptized yet. 

So, yesterday, we were at choir practice.  This temple worker, Elder Dwayne Crowther, is a super choir guy and wants to have a cool choir for Stake Conference, so we have to be in it.  But, hey, I’m actually getting my singing back with all this practice again. Heck ya! Anyway, so we walked into the chapel and my companion’s grandma was there. Sick, eh? She was down here for volunteer work with Operation Smile. So he got to see his grandma, which was way cool.  She met one of his converts too. I think she is buying us Pizza Hut tomorrow also.  J 

Well, transfers are this week.  I think my companion and I will stay together though, so I don’t really care what happens. But, yeah, life is going well. I’m glad to hear McKay’s homecoming talk went well! Whatta stud. Thank you everybody for all of your prayers and fun emails to read. J

 

Love, Elder Rigby



 

No comments:

Post a Comment