Tuesday, March 4, 2014

03 March 2014


Mon 3/3/2014 1:43 PM

 

Happy Birthday Jessica

 

 

This week was super good, work wise. We had the most investigators in church I have ever had. Also a ton of less actives. It was so cool. Yesterday, a ton of less-actives gave some really awesome testimonies - ladies that hadn’t been to church in 4 years. It was really great. But we have just been working really hard with the members and they have been helping us out. Soo anyway, it was super cool. This morning, I got a call from President and he is like, “Elder Rigby, I heard you and Elder Sorensen …” (then he paused and I’m like, “Crap, what did we do?) Then he continued on about how well we have been doing and our good numbers and he just wanted to call and congratulate us. But then he called back later and told us that on Saturday is the 30th anniversary of Paraguay being dedicated for missionary work.The leaders will be there and that they told him to invite 6 missionaries to represent our mission. So President invited me and my companion, the assistants, and the other two Elders working in our branch. I guess he just really likes the work we are doing in our branch. It’s probably because, yesterday, we had about 46 less-actives in church and the ward is progressing a lot. So that is going to be really cool and fun. We were super surprised and are excited about it. But other than that, things are just going well.

 

We found two sweet investigators this week. They both went to church and have a baptismal date for the 22nd . Ahh, it was a really spiritual experience. Seeing the quick change in them as we taught. But, yeah, I’m really satisfied work wise here.

 

So, yesterday, we were talking to this lady. She was telling us how one time she saw missionaries walking down the street and around the corner two guys had knives and were getting ready to jump the missionaries. Then the guys were like, “Oh crap, they have body guards!” and ran. Then she looked at the missionaries and two huge bodyguards were walking behind them. She said this has happened to her like 4 times where she sees missionaries with bodyguards. So she asked us if we have the money to pay for bodyguards or if the church pays for us. We were like, “Uhhh, no missionary ever pays for body guards.” Then she realized what she saw. Crazy eh? If she really saw what she says she did, oooh I’m protected. J So no need to worry mother. 

 

Oh, so this week it has cooled down a ton! It’s because it has been raining! It has rained so much that everywhere is flooded. In this one part, the water wrecked this huge bridge. So we went to the bridge and I climbed down in the wreckage. Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. It was funny though. I made this little bridge to the middle of a pond, so I could take a picture. But yeah, it has been raining and our house leaks everywhere! I wake up with water dripping on my face, so I have to move my bed. But it’s no biggie. We asked the house owner to fix it and they got really mad at us and told us not to complain and just put up with it. It was pretty rude. But, oh well. I also played chess with this guy this week. I had to teach him and so while I was teaching him, I started to go easy on him and then he started beating me. I got real nervous. But I came out strong. 

 

Yeah, this week was pretty good. I’m happy. J We have been working hard, but having fun as well. Oh, I’m pretty stoked that Jimmer is on the Bulls now. I hope that a bunch of people don’t bandwagon though. Really surprising. Crazy stuff.. Oh yeah, a bunch of you asked if I know my return date yet. Umm. I will next week. J No worries mom. Love you.

 

Elder Rigby 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment