Mon 3/10/2014 4:59 PM
Che Gusta
Well, today was a pretty crazy day.
Like really crazy, but in a different crazy way. It was like mentally crazy,
just because a ton of stuff went down all today. Anyway, this week was fairly
good. Not as great as last week, but still a really good week. I have to
apologize, though, if I came off kind of cocky in my last week’s email. Sorry
about that.
So that meeting on Saturday was
pretty cool, I guess. It was really chill. We were just in this big park and
read the dedicatory prayer and we were there with like 15 other people -
leaders from the stake and what not. But, hey, maybe I will make it to the Liahona.
So this week, we found a mouse in
our house. Freakin’ scared me. I walked into the kitchen and it had me trapped.
I didn’t know what to do. So I ran. It didn’t get me. So then my companion and I
had a plan. We found its hole. I stood on a chair by the hole and he went
around scaring it with a broom until it came running out. He tried to hit it
with the broom and I went through stuff shooting it. But it got in its hole. So
we tried to flood it out. That didn’t work. So we put a mouse trap out. It worked
like a charm - that thing is dead. I trash talked it for a while and then shot
it with my airsoft gun a few times. The only thing is, neither my companion nor
I want to touch it, so it’s still just chillin’ in the house. Maybe it will
scare off the others.
Alright, so investigator wise. It’s
been kind of crazy. So our investigator, Aldo, is sick. We just reactivated his
mom and it has been way cool seeing the family change. The mom talks to him
with more love now, too. Before, she would just yell at him. I guess, one day I
got after her for it. I was pretty blunt with her. But I know the gospel has
helped her be more peaceful. Aldo is super innocent. He is so stoked to get
baptized. He is my little buddy. I think he really looks up to us because he
has never had a man to look up to. So it’s been fun teaching them.
Our other investigator, Isabelino,
he is way cool. We started teaching him. He, well, basically, the mom of his
new born baby, doesn’t want him anymore... and Isabelino really just wants his
family to be together. He came to church last week. We have been teaching him
and he is way awesome. Then, all of the sudden, the girl wants him and they
want to get married now. He has a new job. God has blessed him so much, but he
didn’t go to church. So, basically, we have to tell him, “Look man, you have to
go to church or God will take these blessing from you.” But he will realize how
much God has blessed him and things will be alright.
We have another investigator, Cesar.
But I will tell you more about him next week. It’s a long story. We had a fun
family home evening with them last night. We made brownies and ice cream – twas
good.
This week, I went on a divisions
with Elder Jenson in his area. It was so fun. We figured out that we are
actually a lot alike. So we had a good time chatting all day and had some
really good lessons. We took out this kid in our ward that is about to go on a
mission. It was funny. He got nervous when we would contact people. He would
just walk away and we were like, “Dude, why did you walk away?” He goes, "They
were laughing at us." and we just laughed. We were like, “Oh man, better
get used to it because people in Argentina aren’t as nice as Paraguayans.” But
the division was way fun. At night, oh my, his companion is kind of... un-hygienic.
His bed had all these flakes on it. Nasty. So I just slept on the floor and Elder
Jenson and I got talking. Then we just started talking and talking and, oh man,
I haven’t laughed so hard in such a long time. We stayed up for quite a while
talking. But it was some good convo.
Well, guess what? I fixed my
calculator watch. New and improved with a nice new strap. What? What? It’s
sick.
Oh yeah. Dad, do you know an Eric Rigby?
I guess he was my Stake President’s companion in the mission. But yeah, family.
Oh yeah! One more story.
So today was crazy. So I lent my terabyte
hard drive to my buddy, Elder Wolfgramm for a week... Just my luck, this week
his house got robbed. So.. well, I guess now I’m a real South American
missionary. I have been robbed. It’s no biggy though. Material things, right? Oh,
that reminds me, some guy made a weak attempt to rob me this week. We were
walking down the street and this guy comes running and falls on me and like
hugs me. He feels my pockets, so I just looked down and like shoved him off me
and gave him the "I don’t like what you just did" stare. He got up
and was like, “Sorry, I tripped.” and then he ran away. Oh, good old Paraguay. Good
times. Good times.
Well, family, things are going
well. I’m just keeping super, super, busy. It’s been really crazy this past while,
but I like it because it helps me keep really focused. I feel my testimony
growing each day. I can only hope that all of your testimonies are growing as
well. I love you all. J
Love,
Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment