Tuesday, June 3, 2014

03 June 2014

Tue 6/3/2014 2:08 PM

Mallows

Hey family!
Sorry I couldn’t email yesterday. We were out visiting old areas and it took a lot longer than we thought it would, so we didn’t quite have time to get on yesterday. But yesterday was really cool - seeing members again! I went back to Huguito to visit the people there. It was nice being back there. I was there for over 6 months. We didn’t have time to visit all the members, so I just visited my favorites. It was sweet catching up on things with them! It was really sad saying goodbye to them for good, though. I hate that. 
So this past week, we have continued trying to clean up the membership list. Wow, we have already found a lot of people on the list that have moved or died. Basically, we are talking to all the long time members and old branch presidents. They have helped a ton. We found a ton of people that had already died. Get this, we found people on the list that died back in the 90’s and are still on the list. A little out of date, eh? 
Last Thursday, we had the opportunity to go to the temple because some converts from my companion’s old area were going through and getting sealed. It was really cool! The best part was the sealing. I had never seen a sealing before. Wow, it was awesome! It was just amazing. I loved it. It was so cool seeing them get sealed to their little kids, after the marriage. It was really awesome. It was a huge testimony builder for me because I could really feel the spirit and I just knew that what was happening was truly eternal. It was great. J
On Sunday, Santiago got confirmed! Yeah. It was funny though because the guy that confirmed him struggled with his name. He has a really long name: Santiago Domingo Ramon Vera Escurra. haha. Also, on Sunday, we had a really cool fireside in our ward. Elder Crowther came and talked about this book he wrote called "Life Everlasting." He just told all these experiences and talked a lot about life after death and temple work. It was really, really cool and a great experience for the members too. Almost all the people that were there hadn’t been sealed in the temple yet. So I think it helped them learn the importance of it. He is a really cool guy. It made me want to read his book. Also, on Sunday, we taught a family how to roast marshmallows. One day, they asked about it because they always saw it in the movies. So I went to the import store and bought marshmallows and we roasted them Sunday. It was really fun! Not as cool as chilling by the campfire in the mountains. It was kind of funny though, because I had never really taught someone about marshmallows and how to roast them. It was funny. 
So update on Oscar... well, he seems to be way focused on studies and work. We have had such a hard time coming in contact with him. It’s been terrible! And he lives right next to us! Our schedules just don’t match up. He is doing really well though, and not partying. But it’s just been hard to be able to sit down and teach him lately. 
Anyway, life is going pretty well. This week is going to be a busy week. Since my companion and I are ending together this week, we have to go out with other missionaries a lot and show them all the people we are visiting and our investigators. But yeah, life is good. It’s just normal missionary life. I’m doing really well. I’m happy.  The weather is good here right now, too. J So I can’t complain.  Love you all!


Love,  Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment