Monday, March 11, 2013

11 March 2013


Mon 3/11/2013 2:32 PM

Transfers??

And still I see no changes, wake up in the morning and I ask myself... just kidding, we got changes! I just like that song by Tupac. But, anyway, to keep you in suspense, let me tell you about my week first of all. 

   So last Tuesday, we were in the city and we went to a really nice restaurant with people that had iPhones and Samsung Galaxys. This place was high class. It had a Mexican section on its menu and guess what I got? The best tacos I have had in a long time! I really miss Mexican food! Oh and today we went to a Chinese buffet. It was sooooo good. They even had giosa! and sushi. So yummy.. as you can tell food is important for me down here. But it was really funny because a Chinese family was at the restaurant but they were with Latinos too… and were speaking Spanish! Chinese people speaking Spanish with a Chinese accent. It was hilarious! 

   So we were supposed to baptize this little girl on Saturday, but...she didn’t come to church. I guess she was really nervous to go. Dang it. But hopefully she comes next week! We had another investigator tell us she received revelation that our church isn’t true and she told us that everyone told her our church is a broken world, whatever that means. But I was really disappointed. I want to keep working with her and get her back to believing and having a testimony like before. 

   I don’t really have much to say this week to be honest. We didn’t do much this last week worth saying. It was just really, really normal. We had that visit with President and it went really well, but the lady still isn’t sure about getting baptized. It’s kind of frustrating, because she is pretty much a member already; she just hasn’t entered the water. 

    I will have a lot more to tell you next week, I promise. But I just want to let you all know that I really know this church is true. I find it so weird that some people don’t want to be a part of it, because I have never felt so happy knowing these truths. I have so much hope in life because I truly know that we can obtain immortality and eternal life and there is nothing more exciting than knowing I can obtain that. Especially side by side with the people I love: my family now, my friends, and my future family. We have great opportunities in this each day. I hope you are all taking these opportunities and making the best of them.  I know that attending church and paying attention in church is really important for us, i didn’t know that before. We shouldn’t take casual each Sunday meeting. And outside of church, I feel that our actions may reflect the way our spirit feels during church as well. So I challenge you all to look at your life, and make changes so your spirits may be attentive and alert during church or any time. I love you all very much. 

 And the changes... I’m staying here and my companion is going. My new companion is Elder Hatch. I heard he is really awesome, so I am super excited to get to work with him. 


Love,
Elder Rigby


 

No comments:

Post a Comment