Mon 3/25/2013 1:42 PM
Milk was a bad choice
WELLLLL, I GOT IN A CRASH TODAY. We were on the colectivo
and I was sitting in the very back and the bus stopped and bam this car hit us
from the back! It bruised my back, but other than that we were fine. Ok that
was half true. So we are in the bus in the back and we hear this loud sound and
the bus kind of lifted up. We looked out of the window and this car was under
the bus. It didn’t do any damage to the bus, really, but the car’s hood was all
pealed back and what not. It was a fun little experience. So
we just got off and switched busses and went to Pizza Hut :)
So let’s see. Last Monday we found a cool family. The mom is
so pregnant that she could pop any moment, but she really likes the church and
wants to go. She just can’t, at the moment, but we took her son with us on Sunday.
He is age 13. He loved it.! She said it was amazing because every other church
her son would not go to and just hated so much, but for some reason he was
begging her to let him go with us. She thought it was a miracle. He really
wants to get baptized so I’m excited. I’m hoping that he will want to get
baptized in the river so we can have a river baptism.
This weekend we have Nidia's baptism. I really hope it goes
well. Every day her testimony grows more and more and just is more excited to
get baptized. We have been taking her around to member’s homes so she can get
to know people near-by her house. It’s been working out well!
So, Thursday, we threw a birthday party at Burger King for
an hermana in our district. I always love American food. Mmm. :)
OH! So, this family we were teaching, while we taught the
grandma was rolling cigars. Well, obviously, I was curious... so I learned how
to roll a cigar and then, of course, said how smoking was bad.
So milk was my enemy this week... I don’t know if any of you
have ever been really, really hot and then drank a lot of milk... it’s not that
great of a combo... So we went to a less active’s house and she comes out with
what she called her experiment. It was dry corn and peanuts blended up with
milk. Actually, it wasn’t too bad. I drank a few cups. Then, a few visits later,
we get to another less active’s house and she brings out the best hot chocolate
milk ever! It was so good! I had a few cups of that. I chugged a lot actually. It
was just so good. But boy, oh boy, when I stood up to leave, I had to hold back
throwing up. The whole way home I almost threw up... boy.. Then, yesterday,
another member gave us more of the same thing. It’s just soo good, but keeps
making me so sick. Oh well.
So.. life is good over here. Elder Hatch and I get along
really well. We find ourselves laughing more than anything. It’s a good time. The
other day, we had a funny experience that we still laugh about. It was just me
trying to chase down a bus. He wouldn’t stop. I sped walked by his side
for a good block or soo.. Then I realized there was no hope and I looked back
at all the people laughing at me. I think you just would have had to been
there. But we have a good time. He is funny, funny.
Well, I guess I don’t have much to say! I’m excited for the “Holy
Week" or, I guess, Easter. We are going to be killing pigs and eating lots
of Chipa! I hope you all enjoy Easter. It’s this weekend, right? Oh, and our
time finally changed, so now we are only 2 hours apart. Woo.
Oh, last night, we had another birthday party with the Escobar
family. It basically ended with arm wrestle wars. It got intense.
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment