Mon 3/18/2013 1:43 PM
Taylor Swift
Whhhhhhhhhhhaddddup familia? Boy, this past week I have just
been so much more happy. I feel great! Guess what? Some church-wide rule went
out that missionaries can email friends now and I heard from some today! I was
oh so happy to hear from my buddies. It sounds like they are all doing
wonderful.
So my new companion, Elder Hatch, is really
cool and I get along with him really well. He is from California and goes home
in July. He is a cool guy. So far, so good. We work hard too. Right now, we are
trying to find investigators, which has been so difficult for some
reason. But I have good news! So our investigator, Nidia, (the one that had the
Law of Chastity problems) well, we visited her on Friday and had a really spiritual
lesson about the atonement and forgiveness and the importance of baptism. Well,
she told us that she is prepared to be baptized. Oh my, when she told us, she
looked right at me and I was like... “Uhh.” I’m pretty sure my mouth was open
because I was so surprised! I didn’t know what to say - I was just full of
excitement and joy. So we put her date for the 30th. It’s really cool. I’m so
excited for her because it’s been really hard for her to make this sacrifice. Ah,
I’m so excited! It’s so cool! We invited her to a baptism on Saturday and she
loved it. She is really ready to get baptized. This week we are going to do a
family home evening with her and the branch president and make them French Toast.
I’m excited for that.
This week was exciting though. Yesterday, we
went to a birthday party at the Escobar family place and they are just always a
bunch of fun. Crazy family. We had fun with them this week. Last Tuesday, they
had an animal at their house. I’m not sure what it was.. a possum or ferret, but
it was really fun to play with. I will send you pictures once I receive them. I’m
not really sure what it was. It had a striped tail though. It was fun to play
and let crawl around my shoulders. Then we went back to their house and they
invited us to eat pig head... It.. was good. The tongue, sad to admit, was
probably the best part. But the head was really fatty. I’m not a fan of eating
straight fat. The skin was okay though.
So this Saturday is when our time changes, just so ya
know. I was thinking, if someone gets a hold of Tim Tams, I would like to tim-tam-slam
sometime. Just saying. But all is well over here in Paraguay. This week has
been a lot cooler - on and off rain and just lower temperatures. All the Paraguayans
are freezing, but I’m like.. “Hey, this feels great!”
I hope all is well at home. My prayers are with grandma. I
hope she is still recovering well!
I love you all! Keep studying those scriptures!
No comments:
Post a Comment