Mon 2/4/2013 12:32 PM
Haku
Well, it sure has been really, really hot lately. Like
really, really hot. But it’s alright, I’m pretty used to it by now. It just
stinks at night because it’s really hot, but my comp and I just bought hammocks
so maybe we will sleep in those! We also just installed a sweet pull-up bar. But
this week was really good. We worked really, really hard - all day, every day -
and we found a lot of success.
Our investigator, Exactacion, came to church yesterday for
her 3rd time, so I hope all goes well for her baptism this Saturday. We still
have a lot to teach her, it feels like, but I think all will go well for the
baptism - if there is water at the church. Saturday, the Hermanas had a baptism
and the water stopped working in the church... there is always something that
goes wrong at baptisms.
So I know guacamole hasn’t
always been my favorite, but I took some avocados off of a member’s tree and
made fresh guacamole this week! It was actually pretty good! The members want
me to make them some, because, here, they use avocados for dessert or with
milk, not as a salsa, like we do. I also tried guava for the first time! Oh my
gosh! It is so good, fresh off the tree. I love it! I eat them all the time
now. This is what I love about Paraguay, we can just walk down the street and
eat fruit.
So Thursday night we did a division. I
went to Molino with Elder Escobar. But boy, oh boy. We did the division late
and there weren’t any busses. We walked 2 hours to get to his house. We arrived
at like 11:30pm. I was so tired. Then the next day, all of our appointments
failed, so we walked all day again. Good exercise, eh? It was a fun division
though. We did teach someone. It was this group of friends and they were an
acoustic band. They were playing music for us; it was so cool. They were
playing American songs and making me sing along. It was a good time. It reminded
me of back home, jamming with the homies.
Last night was super fun. We visited Sister
Gamarra, like we do every Sunday. We shared a great message with her, then
after, we were talking and my companion pulls out his camera and then we
started taking pictures with funny faces. It was so fun. We were all laughing
so hard. I had never seen Sister Gamarra so happy before. She was laughing so
hard! She has been really happy with us lately. I guess you could say she is
the “mom” of the missionaries here. I will send you a picture or so of our
funny faces with them.
So I’m working the stock market really
well in Paraguay. Since the worth of a dollar is lower right now, I bought some
dollar bills and I’m going to wait for the dollar value to rise again and sell
my dollar bills back to the bank. Genius right?
Well, this last week
was really great. We met a lot of awesome people. Now this coming week we are
going to visit them all and filter out the golden investigators. It’s been a
good week. :) I’m
really learning a lot and enjoying the work here. The mission is a lot more fun
when I can communicate for myself without a problem. I love you all and I hope
you are keeping the peace in the home. Remember the importance of prayer. Love
ya. Sorry I didn’t have much to say this week. It went by really fast.
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment