Tuesday, February 12, 2013

11 February 2013


Mon 2/11/2013 10:09 AM

Bautismo Exitoso

Whaddup Fam Bam Wham

So we ended the change really well. Basically, this whole week we were getting Exactacion ready for baptism.  But I will speak on that later. Sooooo, I feel really good right now because Imagine Dragons finally made it to Paraguay! I heard them on the radio this week! I hope I hear them in the streets more now!  

So funny/sad story. This was like a movie. Friday, we are eating lunch at a member’s house and they have a new born puppy. Well, the dad comes rolling up in his truck and, next thing we know, the little girl runs in holding a dead puppy. Its whole hip was split open. So she put it back on the driveway. Then the family was all really sad about to cry and, in that moment, another dog comes up and starts eating the puppy!! They are started like kicking the dog. It was so sad, but I couldn’t help but laugh because I felt like I was in a movie. 

Oh, I would like to congratulate Colton on getting 4th in his big tournament. That’s tight. It’s a huge trophy! I’m so proud. Next year I expect better :

So the baptism: We went for the interview on Friday and I was nervous. We started singing a hymn and she just starts crying and I had no idea why. It made me nervous because she wasn’t talking very much. I think she was just really nervous. But she passed the interview! So we spent most of Saturday trying to make the font water not yellow, but it still was. But she didn’t care. But this baptism was probably the best I had witnessed. I was nervous to baptize her because she is 70 and I didn’t want something to happen when I baptized her. But it all went well. She has one daughter that is a member and she came. As she exited the font, after being baptized, her daughter was there and they hugged and cried for a while. Her daughter told us she had been waiting 12 years for this day. It was a really cool experience. It made me think a lot about my purpose here. Like why she, after 12 years, decided to let Elder Garcia and me in and how come she didn’t accept missionaries before? It just made me think a lot about how there really are people out here waiting for me and I need to find them. It’s interesting, because when we got Exactacion as a reference, we didn’t want to visit her really. But we did and she ended up getting baptized. It was a great experience. 

Oh and yes we find out changes today. Most likely I am leaving but we will see. I’m always nervous/excited for changes.

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment