Mon 2/18/2013 12:12 PM
Word up 202
Hey there family! Any guesses to where I got changed
too????? I’m in my second area and I love it! My new companion is Elder Fisher,
from Vegas. We get along really well. He is a big guy! He is the district
leader.
Alright, so my area is called Zeballos Cue. I
love it so much! It’s a lot closer to Asuncion but a lot more poor than my last
area. I love it. Our area borders the huge Paraguay River. We went there and it
was so sweet. I live in an apartment now as well that has air conditioning,
which is so nice to have. This area is cool; it has a lot of potential as well.
Something interesting is it has 1400 members but only 70 are active. I guess
some missionaries just came through and told everyone about Bishop’s Storehouse
and baptized a ton. They left the mess for us to clean up.
So it has been raining off and on and Thursday,
wow, it rained a lot! The streets were flooded. We went to visit someone and
their house was surrounded by water. We needed to visit them so... we rolled up
our pants legs and walked through about knee height water. Their house was so
flooded. I felt bad for them. But the water finally went down and now it’s
pouring again today.
This area has a lot of pigs too. I don’t know why. My
first day here, I watched a guy gut a pig and, I guess on holidays, people kill
pigs to eat and they let us kill them for them. So I’m excited to wrestle a pig
sometime and yeah...
My first Sunday here. I had a talk that I prepared in 3 minutes and
then no one knows how to play piano so... I play piano in sacrament meeting
now. Funny stuff, eh? I’m not really that good at playing either..
So Saturday we found this awesome investigator
named Ana. She told us she for sure wants to get baptized and she said the best
prayer ever. We were so excited. Her boyfriend is a member. So we went to pick
her up for church and I guess she and her boyfriend were having problems, so
she didn’t want to come. But he came. He wore my jeans and Von Chee shirt to
church because he didn’t have his clothes with him. Anyway, last night we get a
call from Ana and she basically says she is super sad and thinking about doing
things she shouldn’t. So we hurry on over to her house. (We just met this girl
the day before. She wouldn’t talk to anyone, not even her family or mom.) So we
come in to talk to her and we helped her out a lot. I guess her boyfriend and she
got in a fight and he left and isn’t coming back. They were going to get
married. So that’s why she was so depressed. But we cheered her up a lot. She
went from not talking, to laughing. We are going to visit her tonight again. She
still for sure wants to get baptized. It was just interesting to me that we
were the people she would talk to after we had known her for one day.
We have another investigator. I think she will
get baptized. She is awesome and knows everything is true. She just has
problems with the law of chastity but she should be breaking up with her
boyfriend today. We had a long, long talk with her. She said their relationship
is all physical and she wouldn’t want to marry him. We basically told her she
could find someone better and all this stuff. It was great :) So I hope she
breaks up with him! Then she can get baptized!
Well, I’m excited to work in this new area! I
really enjoy it so far. It’s a sweet location. It’s really close to the city so
on p-days, we just go into Asuncion. Like today, we had Pizza Hut - which was
like a sit-down, really nice restaurant.
It was good though. What’s also sweet about our house is that we can get
on the roof and it’s so cool up there. I can see all of Asuncion from the roof.
It’s sick.
That’s all folks!
Oh, one more thing.. our area is the area with the most transvestites
in the whole mission. hahaha.
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment