Monday, February 25, 2013

25 February 2013


Mon 2/25/2013 2:33 PM

I got buzzed

Hey family! Don’t worry, I didn’t get buzzed in a bad way. But it was time to get a haircut and well... I didn’t really get the hair cut I asked for and, well, let’s just say my head is buzzed now! It’s the shortest it has ever been! I can’t decide if I like it or not. Oh well.  

 This week was pretty good. We had two really awesome investigators in church yesterday that both have baptismal dates for the 16th of March. I’m really excited to help them out! Oh my, we have another investigator that is so awesome. She has probably read every church book and comes to church every week. She is awesome. She just can’t give up her violation of the Law of Chastity yet. It’s actually really funny too me that she is so open with us about it. Seeing she is almost 50 and we are like 20. But we are going to do a visit with President Madariaga and see if they can help her change her mind. 

Oh my, my! So many big changes are coming to our mission starting the 1st of July! So with all the new missionaries coming, they are opening a new mission in Paraguay. I think it covers part of Argentina too. Sooo they are taking 3 of our zones and putting them in the other mission and all the missionaries in those zones get switched to the other mission as well. Chances are that I will still be in this area, so I stay in the North Mission. I think they are opening more areas in our mission - more up north towards Bolivia. It would be sick to serve up there. Also in July or June, we get our new mission president. His name is President McMullen from Bluffdale, Utah. It will be interesting to have a new mission president. I also heard they are going to start taking American missionaries out of missions to send to China. We shall see. A lot of changes coming. 

 Let’s see... funny things that happened this week... I saw a pig give birth to 11 piglets. Oh my! We saw a funny news report, this lady was on a talk show crying and the little title thing at the bottom said, "Husband tries to sell his wife for 2 beers"  hahahah. um.. What more? Oh, we made a budget for this family in our branch and taught them about finances. I got hit on by a transvestite. Oh, so something funny, a member asked us what happened to the gold plates. So my companion goes on saying how they were melted down and made into 20 rings, but one was more powerful than the rest. Then we went on telling the whole Lord of the Rings story line! And they believed it!" But we couldn’t help but laugh, so we told them it was a joke. But it was so funny. This week I also pulled a prank on my companion. I tied a string to a penny and attached it to the window outside his bed. Then I ran it all the way to my bed and at night was tapping. It was so funny! 

This week went well. My companion and I get along. It’s nice to be speaking English again too. 

Love, Elder Rigby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment