Mon 4/8/2013 4:00 PM
GCON #2
Hey there people
So, this week was really great. I think, mostly, because of
conference! We got to watch all of the sessions in English, which makes it so
much better. This conference was great. I will speak more on it in a bit, I
guess.
So Elder Hatch and I worked really hard this week. We have
some investigators - mainly this boy, Cristobal, who is cool, but hard to teach
because he doesn’t pay attention. But he will probably be baptized next week! Then
we will get his mom going as well, once she has her baby. Her due date was like
two weeks ago. Every time we go, we are just like, “Oh my, she is soooo big.” I
just want to like push her stomach so the process moves along because she might
pop soon. Anyway, we found some really cool people this week. We figured out
that no one really wants to talk to us, so we started just saying, "Do you
have only 5 minutes? We won’t be longer than that." They are always like. “Well,
it’s only 5 minutes. Why not?” So we
just talk to them for a short amount and try to bring the spirit as well. We
can and then we show them the importance of our message. What do you know? It
works. We found this great lady that we are going back to tomorrow and she just
seemed really receptive to what we were teaching her. So I’m exciting to see
how she progresses.
So Elder Hatch and I just seem to have the
funniest moments for some reason. I guess because we are both goofy and yeah. Things
just happen. So this one lady, an old lady we visited this week, we taught her
a lesson and then she just went off on her life story telling like the husbands
she has had and the kids with them. She was just jumping topics and it makes it
hard to pay attention. So she jumped to one topic. It was so funny, she was
laughing, telling us how when she was young she was smashing corn in a bowl and
then she tripped and dropped the whole bowl. Then her mom started beating her
and, all of a sudden, she got super serious. Which made me almost laugh, for
some reason. Then she looks at Elder Hatch, and he was not paying attention,
but noticed she looked at him at that moment and to act interested he says
"Oh really?" but he said it in English! The lady didn’t even notice
and I started laughing and this lady was like crying so I felt bad for laughing,
but then I caught composure. I don’t know if Elder Hatch realized he spoke English,
until he saw me laugh. Then, right after that, we just see this kid run and
trip in slow motion and eat it in the dirt and we just couldn’t stop laughing
for a long time. These moments happen a lot. Oh man, I will remember more
stories for next week. Better ones.
So conference was wonderful! This time, rather
than taking notes on what I heard, I took notes on what the spirit whispered to
me. It really helped me learn better and feel the spirit stronger. It was cool.
I really learned so much this conference. I was glad to listen to all the
sessions. We almost didn’t hear the last session - the power went out 5 minutes
before, but then came back on, thank goodness. But conference is just great. It’s
basically the whole weekend hanging out with all the Elders. It was a blast! We
all had such a good time. I really enjoyed it. I hope you all got at least
something from conference. It seemed that they were talking a lot about
missionary work, keeping our homes and lives centered on Christ, and serving
others. It was really great :) I enjoyed it very much. This week was a good
one.
Well, family, I love you and I hope you are all keeping the
gospel in your lives. Thank you for your support and prayers. I appreciate it. I’m
doing really well out here. So no need to worry about me at all. Ii love you
all :)
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment