Mon 4/15/2013 3:28 PM
Swagga back?
What up familia? Alright, family, this week was pretty good.
Gosh, it just flew by. Where did it go? I don’t mind.
So we have continued to visit Alejandra and she
is awesome. Her daughter really wants to take our visits too. It’s great. It’s
super funny every time we visit her. I always take this super, small chair and
my legs all fall asleep - without fail - and I get up and just can’t walk. It
makes me laugh so, so hard. I actually like the feeling. It feels cool. I guess
that’s like missionary drugs or something. It makes my legs feel really heavy
and have no feeling. We also found a few Americans that live in our area that
want us to come visit them. So I think we will pass by their houses this week. It
will be really weird teaching in English. But I hope we will be able to baptize
them. That would be really cool.
So this last week was fun. We did a FHE with
our convert Nidia. She is awesome. Her testimony has grown so much and now she
is fellowshipping people into the church. But that FHE was fun. The whole family
was asking about the states. It’s just so funny what people think about the
states. Usually the questions go, "I saw in a movie that..... is that
true?" It’s funny stuff.
We also had interviews with President last Wednesday.
It was a lot different interview. He was sick so I got into his office and he
says, “Elder, my throat hurts and I can’t really talk, so you are just going to
talk to me for 10 minutes.” So I just talked... and he listened. And that was
that. Easiest interview ever.
So towards the end of the week was the most
fun. The other Elders came to our house and we made tacos! (Because they don’t
have tacos in Paraguay) We made them all from scrap! Tortillas and all. Mom,
you would be so proud. I can actually cook things other than lunch and
breakfast now. The homemade tortillas were sooo good. I liked them a lot. The
tacos were really enjoyable. I know it’s no big deal to you all, though. Then Saturday,
we attended a baptism and I was directing the music.. Gosh, they were all
singing so badly, I just couldn’t help but laughing and I was just trying to
act like I was really happy in order to cover my laugh. It was a funny moment. But
Sunday was awesome!
So Sunday, we walk home from church.(about a 20
minute walk) Then the other Elders in our ward call us saying they found lunch
for us! So we walked back and we all went down to this river. It was a sweeet
spot. This member brought us a late lunch. It was sooo good! We just ate it
while sitting on this cement thing about 20 ft. up, looking over the river. Then
this huge boat came and parked next to us and they tied their ropes next to
where we were. Soooo….. we see the ropes, hanging over the water, 20 ft up…. Obviously,
we climbed on the ropes and hung on them. I was dangling and hanging upside-down.
It was super fun. I was kind of hoping I would accidentally fall in so I could
have an excuse to swim. But darn, Ii didn’t. But that was really fun. We hung
out there and watched the sun set over the river. It was really cool.
So lately, Elder Hatch and I have been working
really hard teaching the investigators and less actives that we have. I think
we are seeing some success. Some people are just progressing slower than we
prefer but that’s alright. It’s all in the Lords time anyway. I’m really
enjoying it all. Lately, I have just really noticed the power of the Book of
Mormon. So I hope you are all reading often because it has really helped me out
so much. Every day I’m just finding such interesting things and reading it in Spanish,
I find more unique things. It’s really cool. So I hope you are all using your
useful books you have. They can help you soo much - especially when coupled
with the power of prayer.
Family and friends, I love you. Thank you for your examples.
It’s great you are all doing so awesome in such an evil world. Keep being
examples and following our Savior.
Love, Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment