Tuesday, April 30, 2013

29 April 2013


Mon 4/29/2013 3:24 PM

Young, Wild, and Free

Esta semana fue buenisimo. We had a pretty good week and finally got an investigator to come to church again! So anyway, I will start from the beginning of the week. Transfers happened last week and well,…. Elder Hatch and I are still together. I’m so mad. Just kidding. I love the kid and am so, so glad I get to be his companion for another change. 

We did a division this week as well. Elder Sanchez came to my area with me. He is being trained right now, so I got a little taste of what it is like to train someone. It was a fun time. But, boy, he asks a lot of questions. It was funny though. We accidentally intruded in on a funeral. I didn’t really know what was going on.  I walked right on by and clapped while they were praying and what not, then I looked over and saw a dead body and was like..”Oh  yeah.”  I just laughed.  It was a good day with Elder Sanchez. It reminded me of when I was training and what not. We had a lot of success that day, I felt, though. 

So this week I found out they now have a leadership position for sister missionaries. I guess basically the two are like the Relief Society Presidents of the mission.

Okay, so I just fill a bit in a hurry today, so this email won’t be great. We had Stake Conference yesterday. I admit,  it was pretty boring. Elder Hatch and I were just kind of playing around a little bit. But! We had an investigator that came. We are pretty sure she is going to get baptized. She wants to get married to this guy in our ward, so we should have a wedding and a baptism soon! I really hope all goes well with that. I’m really excited for it. 

Our other investigator, Alejandra, couldn’t come to church because her friend died. Geez... bad timing, eh? But she is great! She is so receptive when we teach her. We met her daughter that, I guess wants to also get baptized. They are both awesome but just need to come to church already! Hopefully this week though! 

This week we also found some Americans in our area and we went to go teach them, but they weren’t home. So this week we will try again. It will be weird teaching in English, but I’m excited because I feel that it will be easier to say what I really want to say.

So today was fun. First, we had these girls come up to us and ask us where we are from. (little girls). We said the states and they go.. "Is that where Justin Bieber lives?" We said, “Yeah.” Then they were all telling us to tell him that his number one fan says hi. It was funny to me for some reason. But today, I had to sign into the country. So a bunch of my group and the group under me was there. It was tight just chilling with all my buddies and catching up on everything. I met a few new Elders that seem pretty cool too. We also saw some Elders from the MTC that went to the south mission. They didn’t look as dirty and just, ya know,.. south missionaries..  The north mission is a lot cooler of course.  J 

Yeah, sorry my mind is rushed. We were running late today. But the work was great this week and it should be even better this week, I assume. J I love you family. Happy Birthday this Saturday, Colton! I hope you enjoy it! Love you little bro.

Oh and how could I forget? This past week, Elder Hatch and I went to the zoo. It was really fun! There were more animals this time. There is a monkey that lives there but not in a cage, so we hung out with him for a long time. Monkeys are so smart! I was feeding him and I gave him my pen and he ran over and was using it to get his friends in the cages free. But then he got distracted.  So I hope animals aren’t running around free because of me. Oh, and also, I think it was turtle mating season. We saw like 8 couples. It was a good time. I didn’t really have a good picture on my camera of the monkey and me,  but I will send one anyway. I was so close to him. I wanted him to climb on me, but he was focused on eating.

 

Love, Elder Rigby 

No comments:

Post a Comment