Mon 4/22/2013 4:03 PM
Times are a changing
This week zoomed by as well. It seemed like Elder Hatch and I
had no time. We were just running around everywhere like crazy!
Sooo, Tuesday was just filled with service. Elder Staker (an
Elder from the area next to ours), calls us and is like,... “I need some Americans
over here to help me dig this canal.” So we get over there and all the Latinos
are just like watching him work. So Elder Hatch and I got to work and we dug
out this huge canal pretty fast. We had to change the course of the river
because it was taking out someone’s house. Yeah. So we did that and there were
so many mosquitoes. We each counted more than 100 bites on our legs and the
next morning I woke up and one of my eyes was blood shot red. But it went away,
so no worries. But it looked wicked cool!
I saw a funny quote this week. In English it’s.. "Don’t
tell Jesus how big your problems are, tell your problems how big Jesus is."
Inspirational right? J
So you know how we are allowed to email our friends and
recent converts now? Well, they changed the rules for internet time now
too. So now we can only email for 30 minutes. Weird right? Just kidding. We
have 2 hours now on P-days to write. So it’s nice. I don’t feel so in a rush
anymore.
So work wise - this week seemed pretty hard for us to
find time to work and then the Presidential elections have been going on. Wow,
do Paraguayans get crazy about the elections. Yesterday was the
elections, so we only had sacrament meeting. All day, everyone was driving
around honking and going crazy! We were advised to stay home because it was too
dangerous, but we didn’t really care. We are on the Lord's side right?
Yeah.. I really don’t have too much to say this week. I can’t
really remember what went on. The temperature.. it’s still really hot here. It doesn’t really cool down too much and I’m
not sure if it ever will. But that’s alright. It doesn’t really bother me at
all. I would rather it be really hot, rather than cold anyway.
It sounds like a lot of wicked things are going on at home
right now. That’s crazy to me. Some people are just plain loco!
Good luck with school and all family :) Don’t be too
stressed – it’s bad for you. Just remember to relax always :) I love you all
very much :) You stay classy, Family.
No comments:
Post a Comment