Monday, December 2, 2013

02 December 2013


Mon 12/2/2013 12:56 PM

RIP CA-53W

Well, everybody, my calculator’s [wristwatch/calculator] life has come to an end. The strap kept breaking over and over. It just got to the point where I couldn’t tape it or super-glue it back together anymore. But don’t worry, it’s not completely dead because I’m going to turn it into a necklace. Yeaaaa Boiiiiii.

So this week was average, I guess. My companion and I have been working really hard together. It’s been great. We get along really well. We have this investigator, Gustavo, that should be getting baptized in 2 weeks. We are pretty stoked. We had this other investigator, Ramona, that was for sure going to get baptized, but she moved this week... blast. But the work is going really well. We have been getting a lot of less-actives to come back and are finding cool people to teach.  

So, probably the weirdest thing I saw this week, we visited a 70-year old lady. In walks this 26 year old guy. I’m like, “Oh, is that your son?” She says, “No, that’s my boyfriend.” Oh man, it was so awkward! The thing, also, is that she is super, super, poor. So he wasn’t even gold digging. I just couldn’t figure out what was going on there. There had to be some kind of deal going on. hmmm. 

So Thanksgiving. I didn’t do anything  - just a normal work day. But today, we went to this yummy Brazilian restaurant to celebrate! It was great! 

So Friday, I had to do a baptism interview in Tacuati. But Tacuati is about 2 hours away and the busses only go there once a day. So we left Friday, went out there, it took 3 hours because we kept getting stuck in the mud. But we got there and had to sleep over there. That was a rough night because right before going to bed, we found mouse droppings and they only had 2 beds. I was not going to sleep on the floor. So I made a bed out of kitchen chairs. In the middle of night, I heard some lady, like screaming. It was hard to sleep. So I was glad when the alarm went off at 4:30am and we took a bus at 5:00am back to our area. We got stuck in the mud a lot but we made it. It was a fun little adventure. Tacuati is cool. Their house is the Church Building. They have this room off to the side where they meet Sundays and the baptismal font is this little pool in the backyard. 

Well, yeah. I think that’s all I have for you this week. It sure is getting hot in Paraguay - like really, really, hot. But I guess that’s just life. Anyway, I love you. 

Love you all,

Elder Rigby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment