Monday, December 30, 2013

30 December 2013


Mon 12/30/2013 1:15 PM

2014 is here

 Hello,
Well, Gustavo finally got baptized! So this week was pretty good.

Alright, so it was so good to see you all last Wednesday. Seriously, you all look so great and I was so happy to be able to talk to everyone - the whole fam., my grandmothers too, and the Caspersons. It was sweet. That was the first time I had seen Braden in 3 ½ years. Crazy, eh? After Skype, the other missionaries kept telling me over and over how awesome my family is. You all must have put on a good show. 

Thursday, I had to travel to Tacuati - 2 hours away. So I did a division and went with Elder Salazar and left my companion to work in our area. So we went to Tacuati, so I could do the baptism interview. It was pretty fun. But gosh, I hate sleeping in their house. They don’t have air conditioning and only have two beds. So I shared a bed because I didn’t want to sleep on the floor with the mice. The Pervuian I slept with kept pushing me. So I just got off and sat and waited until 430am, when our bus came. I just can’t sleep there. But yeah, we got back at 8 am and I just conked out. My shirt was orange when I got back because their area is so dirty and way hot. What’s nice about having to travel, though, is we are allowed to sleep in or take naps. But I didn’t get to sleep for too long because we had to prepare for the Branch Christmas dinner. We had to go clean the church and pick up all of the mangos outside. Stuff like that.  But the activity when really well. We had a lot of people show up. I was so surprised because the members made the dinner all by themselves without having to ask for our help. The dinner was really good and then we burned that missionary doll you all saw. It was a fun night. 

Saturday, things went great with the baptism. It was really cool to see a change in him right after baptism. He was automatically super happy. It was great. He got confirmed yesterday. So this weekend was really great with the baptism and all. 

 Well, it was so good seeing you all. Have a good New Year!

Love, Elder Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment