Mon 12/16/2013 3:02 PM
Yakare
Well, this week’s email will be a
lot shorter than last weeks because we didn’t do a whole lot out of the norm. Lame
huh?
Alright. Well, our investigator, Gustavo,
is still on track to be baptized this Saturday. I’m pretty stoked for him. It’s
really funny, because he reminds me of myself back in school. Whenever we are
teaching him, it always seems like he isn’t listening at all. Then we ask him
questions and he answers them saying something awesome and he knows everything
we teach him really well. He is a cool kid and really understands the
importance of repentance. So I hope all goes well this week so he can be
baptized.
So this week, this homeboy shows up
at branch night. I guess he was telling members he wants to get baptized. Anyway,
I guess he is living with the active member lady that I just met recently. But,
anyway, we went to his house to visit him and found out he really does want to
get baptized. But he is living with this member, so they would have to get
married. I was just super-direct with them and it went really well. Well,
basically, now we have a wedding and baptism planned for the 28th of December -
which is really exciting. He is progressing really well!
So, yeah, this week was really
average until Saturday, when I was at the supermarket, and found some knock-off
Otterpops. What up? So I bought a bag. Then I found microwave popcorn - another
miracle. So Saturday was a good day. Yesterday was so incredibly hot, just like
everyday, but the thing was, the power went out. So the fans and air
conditioning didn’t work for a long time. Then the water went out. Oh boy. It
was really, really hot. But yesterday was sweet because we went to a member’s
house and the dad had gone crocodile hunting the night before. He had 3
crocodiles he had hunted. They were pretty sweet. They invited us over to eat
it tonight. I’m pretty excited and he wants us to go with him next time. So I
hope we can! It’s the benefits of living in the middle of nowhere. But this
week was pretty good. I’m really excited about the success we are having and
the changes people are making in their lives for the Lord. It’s really cool for
me to see! I’m glad to hear from all of you! Keep up the good work at
home.
Love,
Elder Rigby
No comments:
Post a Comment